• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

CMS closed Tuesday. 2&2 right again.

The roads are perfectly fine, it was over forty fucking degrees all day today. Tomorrow will be close to 50. Such horseshit. But this one was obvious as they can use it for a Covid deceleration lane day on top of the holiday. It wouldn't surprise me if they shut down Wednesday as well and blame it on the snow to get a full five days of #CDCscience.

Round 2.

272136593_484523366364339_8839228352780316152_n.jpg

The roads are perfectly fine, it was over forty fucking degrees all day today. Tomorrow will be close to 50. Such horseshit. But this one was obvious as they can use it for a Covid deceleration lane day on top of the holiday. It wouldn't surprise me if they shut down Wednesday as well and blame it on the snow to get a full five days of #CDCscience.

Our street in WS is still a sheet of ice. And buses travel it.

I didn't realize that Winston is part of CMS. The sprawl is real.

You aren’t being sincere here, there are tons of back and side roads in that area that aren’t cleared yet, and schools can’t open if the buses can’t run. It’s the same all over.

How can they not divide CMS (or other massive school districts) into sub-districts for weather purposes? Every single year there's a massive gradient from NW to SE in terms of snow/ice impact in the Charlotte metro. Doesn't make sense.

You aren’t being sincere here, there are tons of back and side roads in that area that aren’t cleared yet, and schools can’t open if the buses can’t run. It’s the same all over.

Yep, I watched my neighbor in South Charlotte earlier tonight try unsuccessfully to pull into their garage, which is just barely on a small incline. They gave up after 10 minutes. I imagine plenty of side streets around Charlotte will have significant ice issues, especially if they don’t get any sun. And saying it’s going to be in the 50’s tomorrow is such BS. 1) It’s a high of 44. 2) It’ll be 24 when the buses run in the morning.

How can they not divide CMS (or other massive school districts) into sub-districts for weather purposes? Every single year there's a massive gradient from NW to SE in terms of snow/ice impact in the Charlotte metro. Doesn't make sense.

Don’t suggest anything logical regarding CMS. You’ll find that you’re either unrealistic or racist.

Yep, I watched my neighbor in South Charlotte earlier tonight try unsuccessfully to pull into their garage, which is just barely on a small incline. They gave up after 10 minutes. I imagine plenty of side streets around Charlotte will have significant ice issues, especially if they don’t get any sun. And saying it’s going to be in the 50’s tomorrow is such BS. 1) It’s a high of 44. 2) It’ll be 24 when the buses run in the morning.

Your neighbor doesn’t shovel?

Running schools at a county level in NC baffles me, but I grew up in Jersey where everything is done by townships and districts, so I'm a bit biased.

Running schools at a county level in NC baffles me, but I grew up in Jersey where everything is done by townships and districts, so I'm a bit biased.
This, except I grew up here.

Something else that shocks me, local cities having control of their own power and water departments. Seems duplicative.

I would imagine some strong revenue implications make subdividing districts a challenge.

Back