• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Yeah, main roads are clear but wet. Secondary roads are shit, and the wet main roads are bound to freeze into black ice tonight.

This snow is the direct result of the Home Depot near me putting all snow removal equipment and supplies away and putting out the lawn care stuff. "Need a snow shovel? They are in the warehouse for the summer. Can I interest you in a nice lawnmower? got about 50 right here to pick from."

Lawn mowing season doesn't start for about two months.

This snow is the direct result of the Home Depot near me putting all snow removal equipment and supplies away and putting out the lawn care stuff. "Need a snow shovel? They are in the warehouse for the summer. Can I interest you in a nice lawnmower? got about 50 right here to pick from."

Lawn mowing season doesn't start for about two months.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. Seems like we get a good snow in mid-February every year

Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools closed again tomorrow. When I came home from work all of the roads, even the secondaries, were clear and dry. But let's fuck up everyone's work schedule again tomorrow so that junior doesn't slip on that one frozen blade of grass.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. Seems like we get a good snow in mid-February every year

That is why I had to post that. That HD store manager apparently JUST doesn't get it that as you noted, mid Feb is prime snow time.

Wake opening at 9:30am tomorrow.

I'm honestly surprised. I was on campus today around 4pm. Only two parking lots had been cleared. The rest had barely been scrapped. The roads in our neighborhood are 50% ice.

I wouldn't be shocked if the call for wake changes.

Forsyth tech open at 10, boo

If a commuter school where all staff and students have to drive in can open today, Wake should be open too.

My 3 year old's daycare is opening at 10. They finally changed their stupid policy of mirroring WSFCS on closures.

If a commuter school where all staff and students have to drive in can open today, Wake should be open too.

My 3 year old's daycare is opening at 10. They finally changed their stupid policy of mirroring WSFCS on closures.

Doesn't mean it should be. In our immediate family and coworkers we've had 1 car wreck due to ice and another one to fall and break several ribs this morning in seperate incidents.

According to multiple yik yak reports, a car lost control in q and hit a student. Nothing official just a yik yak rumor.

Last edited:
That is why I had to post that. That HD store manager apparently JUST doesn't get it that as you noted, mid Feb is prime snow time.

Not the store manager's decision, but I get your point.

Historically some of the areas largest storms have come in early March. Anyone remember the “storm of the century” March 13th 1993?

Historically some of the areas largest storms have come in early March. Anyone remember the “storm of the century” March 13th 1993?

Yep, the Blizzard of '93. 15 inches of snow at my apartment in Marietta, GA. My brother got snowed in for 2 days at my place, had winter quarter finals starting at Georgia Tech, and no books with him. Luckily GT postponed the start for 2 days.

Yep, the Blizzard of '93. 15 inches of snow at my apartment in Marietta, GA. My brother got snowed in for 2 days at my place, had winter quarter finals starting at Georgia Tech, and no books with him. Luckily GT postponed the start for 2 days.

we got a few inches at my house in the FL Panhandle

I was a freshman at Wake that year. We were driving back after spending Spring Break in Florida. They closed the highway in Atlanta and my two buddies and I ended up getting one of the last hotel rooms.

Back