• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

a nearby coworker with 4-wheel drive is going to the office to get her laptop, and has offered to get mine as well.

looks like a mess out there on I-40.

2zejspe.png

Last night Drew pointed to multiple resources that indicated strong chance of snow last night. No mention of it last night on the local news.

This morning, the locals news says, "whoa...this one came out of nowhere!!!"

Please explain.

6db9a92d-a545-4b90-8a3c-be7e2e215b5f_500.jpg

Last night Drew pointed to multiple resources that indicated strong chance of snow last night. No mention of it last night on the local news.

This morning, the locals news says, "whoa...this one came out of nowhere!!!"

Please explain.

77 is a mess as well according to maps and reports. Roads should improve soon with the road crews putting in work.

had 2-3 inches here in the mountains.
Buncombe county did a decent job with prepping the roads, but Haywood county didn't seem to do anything. At best, I-40 in Haywood county was covered in snow except for the parallel tracks exposing pavement in one lane and at worst it was just completely covered in compact snow/slush. For the most part 19/23-74 (a 4 lane highway) in Waynesville was completely covered in snow and slush. Had I known the roads were going to be this crappy I would've have come to work, but usually the roads are pre-treated and pretty passable as long as it's only a few inches.

Last edited:
40 was a god damn war zone. Made it to work, but it took me an hour and a half. It was really slick out there, and with all the wrecks it was hard to just consistently go slow. Got stopped going uphill a few times with traffic, so getting going again with a 2WD pickup was not fun.

40 was a god damn war zone. Made it to work, but it took me an hour and a half. It was really slick out there, and with all the wrecks it was hard to just consistently go slow. Got stopped going uphill a few times with traffic, so getting going again with a 2WD pickup was not fun.

Umm...where? 40's pretty long.

i left to get to work around 8:15, took 440 got one exit down the belt line (which took a full 20 minutes) and almost got hit by an 18-wheeler who lost control. needless to say i said NOPEEEE out loud and took the next exit and went home. don't have my work laptop but am making it work as best I can.

Got the call at 8:00 that my office in Garner is closed FTW. Next up....snowmaggeddon Thursday

Had 0 issues leaving Winston for downtown Greensboro at 945.

Matt went in to work at 10, said pleasant ridge road was slick but everywhere else was fine

Rev nailed it. People drive like idjits in snow around here. The roads today are perfectly passable IF you drive slowly, lay off the breaks and proceed with caution. No northern snob here either.

Huffman's call map for tomorrow - take it (does not include the totals from today - some ensembles will so take note):

B-nYP7IUMAEIRgg.jpg:large

Weather channel says 47 and sunny Wed, 40 and cloudy thurs.

bless their hearts

it might get into the mid 40s during the day but the snow will hit tomorrow night and thurs morning

And it will be predicted to be 5-7 inches and we will actually get 1.5 inches and the entire state of North Carolina will cease to function for the next 5 days.

There are times when I want to just pick up and move to Florida.

And it will be predicted to be 5-7 inches and we will actually get 1.5 inches and the entire state of North Carolina will cease to function for the next 5 days.

There are times when I want to just pick up and move to Florida.

And then I remember how crazy Floridians are.

Back