• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Starting to sound like this will be an event for Virginia and Maryland, not so much NC.

No it isn't.

While it's true that VA will likely end up with the explosive snows, the northern half of NC is still very much expecting some heavy wet snow. A few inches is likely at the moment, but the models are still working it out. South trend has already started today on recent runs of the EURO and NAM.

Just going off this dude, who usually seems to know what's going on:

http://www.examiner.com/article/update-on-march-6th-winter-weather-chances

"It look like the area with the best chance of a significant snowfall right now could be central/eastern Va, DC, Maryland, and the southern Delmarva. Across North Carolina, as it stands now, we could see rain changing to snow from west to east during the morning hours on Wednesday with perhaps some light accumulations. Wednesday will likely be a wintry day with snow showers perhaps scattered around the state on the back side of this storm system."

That may very well end up being true. However, 3 days out with so much model uncertainty and such minimal margins of error, I don't think anyone is shutting down possibilities anywhere. The national weather service sure isn't/

This storm looks like it's about to go HAM on the Richmond/DC area.

I hope it comes early enough that workplaces and schools as closed and people aren't having to risk it driving to work.

At this point it looks unlikely that NC will see much of anything but rain. low will just track to our north a hair out of the range for snow here.

Ha. 100 miles north will get hammered. Crazy hard to predict the track. You can see just how close it is turning out to be. This is the North American Model's snow output from overnight:

20b1jxy.gif

Here is the European model:

63242_495444387169491_1854689178_n.png

Last edited:
Drew, anything new to report on the noon models? Shifting back south or still tracking north?

I can't think of any posters that live in the western part of Virginia, far west from the DC suburbs. They should be ready for a crapton of snow.

Back