• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Flying out to the BVI early Thursday morning so I hope it's not too bad Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Dang.

NOAA's current forecast for Wednesday night in the Triangle:

A slight chance of rain before 8pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 8pm and 9pm, then a slight chance of snow after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Yep. NWS Raleigh is very conservative. Wait until the afternoon update around 4pm.

Yeah if you read weather forums all these storms get talked about for weeks out, sometimes they hit sometimes they don't. It appears local weather and big weather stations always are on the cautious side of them not hitting.

Yeah if you read weather forums all these storms get talked about for weeks out, sometimes they hit sometimes they don't. It appears local weather and big weather stations always are on the cautious side of them not hitting.

That's probably because they usually don't hit.

No they generally hit, they just don't normally hit exactly where you happen to be standing at the present moment the conditions all come together.

In other words: your anecdotes about when it snows does not mean it doesn't snow elsewhere in the region, state, or area.

0KJLiK3.png

:confused:
That's good. That's like a 40-degree day.
Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day.
Fifty. Bring a smile to your face.
Sixty, shit, niggas is damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker.
Go down to 20, niggas get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining.
But forty? Nobody give a fuck about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all niggas is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the fuck?

To be completely honest, this is one of those storms that will get wrapped up as the low moves up the coast. Areas somewhere in the southeast could see significantly higher totals. Even down into northern Georgia, the models are showing 5-6".

So...any idea on ATL in particular? I am heading down there early afternoon tomorrow and supposed to be back Wednesday night. REALLY don't want to get snowed/iced in there.

dick jokes, they were dick jokes and gay jokes, you guys

2-3 for me. Anything over that is annoying.

You will adjust that number when you have kids and they spend a whole week at home because of an inch of snow, all while you are supposed to be at work.

No they generally hit, they just don't normally hit exactly where you happen to be standing at the present moment the conditions all come together.

In other words: your anecdotes about when it snows does not mean it doesn't snow elsewhere in the region, state, or area.

But they do indicate why the local forecast did not report that it was going to snow exactly where I happened to be standing at the moment the conditions all came together. Which, the last time I checked, is kind of the point of the local weather forecast.

drew, whats your go to forum that you read about these possible storms?

You will adjust that number when you have kids and they spend a whole week at home because of an inch of snow, all while you are supposed to be at work.

This last week was tough. Complete chaos at the Hacienda. Meanwhile, phone is ringing off the hook with the childless and the retired asking if you can meet them at your office in ten minutes.

No, I can't meet you in my cleared parking lot because there might be some black ice 45 miles away in Fuquay.

Back