• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

jg606x.png

so if i'm reading this correctly i think we can expect about 46 inches or so in the outer banks

RIP outer banks

I love that little swath of Durham/Wake that could see 7". Is that legit?

If you google NCEP SREF plume, you should find the NOAA site with precipitation/snow predictions. Change the location via the map and look for the snow predictions.

Looks like 3" for RDU, although one prediction shows 11".

Last edited:
The 2 big fora are talkweather and Americanwx.

The European model just ran and is in step with the others. Big 4-6 swaths through middle of nc.

If Drew is correct, then WRAL and Co. are seriously soft-selling the potential for snow in the Triangle. None of the usual hype on their site.

The hype will be there, but they don't start it up until they are sure they won't look dumb if they miss.

The Short Range model that matters is estimating 7.5" average at RDU and 5.5" average at GSO.

ITS STARTING NOW :willynilly:

@NEILLMCNEWS: Oh my! Weather team looking at a decent chance of accumulating snow later this week. Everything you need to know at 4,5,6, & 6:30!

Went to HT and got bread, milk and eggs!

But, I did it because I was almost out of bread and milk and eat them every day and if I got eggs while I was out, I wouldn't need to for the weekend.

Try http://www.americanwx.com/bb/

Many sub fora for each part of the country...

The people on that board are weird. They must not have jobs or kids to be so excited about weather that complicates life so much, no matter how pretty it is.

Drew I get. He has a job that gets cancelled when the forecast calls for snow. Some (most) of us have an office that doesn't really close.

i clicked around in that forum. reminded me of the Hearthstone thread, a bunch of guys using phrases and abbreviations and acronyms that I can't comprehend.

Back