• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

I think that article also says that there are some jobs Americans, especially white male working class, just will not do. They would rather go on pubic assistance.

I wonder how we can get out of this dilemma.

Yes. Republicans are benefitting because many lesser educated white men are too picky to do jobs associated with women, minorities, or immigrants, or that require going to college.

It's strange that men have so much pride that they would rather maintain an identity as an unemployed blue collar worker who used to make $75K a year rather than take a job making $25K a year.

Clark: "How can they have nothing for their children?"
Ellen: "Well, he's been out of work for close to seven years."
Clark: "In seven years, he couldn't find a job?"
Ellen: "Catherine says, he's been holding out for a management position."

I think that article also says that there are some jobs Americans, especially white male working class, just will not do. They would rather go on pubic assistance.

So our public assistance programs have created an alternative way of life for people, carrying them out of the work force into a stagnant existence on the dole.

Who knew?

Clark: "How can they have nothing for their children?"
Ellen: "Well, he's been out of work for close to seven years."
Clark: "In seven years, he couldn't find a job?"
Ellen: "Catherine says, he's been holding out for a management position."

Great reference.

So our public assistance programs have created an alternative way of life for people, carrying them out of the work force into a stagnant existence on the dole.

Who knew?

I can hear you unzipping up here in Illinois.

“We have a cultural lag where our views of masculinity have not caught up to the change in the job market,” he said.

Now the pussification of the millennial generation makes sense. We need them to do the pink collar jobs in the future.

Averaged 14 PPG & made All-Conference my senior year, but it was a very different game back in those days. Much more slow-paced and less athletic, as most teams walked the ball up the court and saw lots of zone defense with very little physical play. We would have gotten killed by today's high school teams. Final scores were usually in the 40s or 50s. I was left-handed and my coach constantly tried to get me to work on using my right hand, but because of the style of play I was never really forced to do it. (Another one of those deals when you are young & think you know more than the coach.) If I had not been so hard-headed I could have been a lot better. Remember one game during my junior year when I scored 9 points in the first 4 minutes of the 1st quarter as the other team was playing a soft 2-1-2 zone and giving me wide-open shots (a lot like WF does this year). I thought I was going to score 30 points that night. Then the other team called a timeout and switched to a box-and-one with a guy playing me a half step to my left. I ended that game with 9 points. Still, I was offered a partial scholarship at a JC, but my heart was set on going to WF from the time I was in the 6th grade. (Didn't even apply to any other colleges.) Briefly thought about trying to walk-on for the WF Freshman team. Wake was in a down period and I think that Jim Boshart may have been the only full scholarship guy in my class, so with 12-15 players on the Freshman team there were lots of walk-ons that year. Finally decided that I really didn't have a future with that and going from a small high school to a place like Wake Forest I would have my hands full with my studies....and even if I had made the Freshman team I would have probably just sat on the bench most of the time. Slow 6' guards weren't that much in demand, even then. LOL.

When you get that box in one, you are supposed to post him up and get him to foul you. That, or lots of high screen and roll.

Good for Obama then! I care more about the outcome than who gets the credit.

For the jobs to come back, they had to leave. So this helps combat the narrative that the job loss was only/primarily due to robotics.

No they didn't have to leave first. UA was a company of explosive growth. Most of their products were made overseas from the beginning. Most of the production jobs were in foreign countries originally.

You're right. But why did the UA CEO say "we should be bringing jobs back?" I think there is a larger point to be made, don't you?

When you get that box in one, you are supposed to post him up and get him to foul you. That, or lots of high screen and roll.[/QUOTE

We didn't have any idea what the hell we were doing. I didn't even realize what the new defense was for awhile. All I knew was that there was someone all over me all the time, whether I had the ball or not. We weren't very good at setting screens. Our coach was just coaching basketball between football seasons...which was his true love. He won three straight 2-A state championships later in football (1981 thru 1983) and is now in the NCSHAA Hall of Fame (class of 2006)...but he wasn't much of a strategist in basketball. Mostly, he just ran us into the ground so that we would always be in better physical condition than our opponents....and play bloody-nose defense. Actually, he was a lot like Bob Knight. I pretty much hated him when I was playing for him (maybe feared him would be a better choice of words), but came to love him in later years when I realized how fortunate I was to have received the discipline that he forced upon us.

http://www.nchsaa.org/nchsaa-hall-fame-inductees

http://www.greensborosports.com/200...-champion-coach-charles-r-gregory-dies-at-77/

You're right. But why did the UA CEO say "we should be bringing jobs back?" I think there is a larger point to be made, don't you?

To get a ton of free press to make more sales in certain geographic areas. He's certainly not bringing back his jobs from wherever the shoes and clothing are being made.

It's like Trump taking credit for Fiat/Chrysler doing what they announced they would be doing in 2015.

Why doesn't Trump bring back jobs to make his clothes to America? He could set that plan into motion today.

To get a ton of free press to make more sales in certain geographic areas. He's certainly not bringing back his jobs from wherever the shoes and clothing are being made.

It's like Trump taking credit for Fiat/Chrysler doing what they announced they would be doing in 2015.

Why doesn't Trump bring back jobs to make his clothes to America? He could set that plan into motion today.

Nobody wants those low paying sewing jobs. Trump brings back high paying manly jobs like making cars. Keep up.

Back