• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

Honestly, whether BS4L is trolling or not is kind of irrelevant at this point. He has gotten pretty good at representing the alt-right and the rest of Trump's supporters. We can all disagree with those views, but they make up roughly 49% of the electorate. I didn't particularly appreciate the spamming of bogus articles, but if he simply continues to represent the Trumpian side of arguments, then I'd rather get his succinct version of it than have to filter through Breitbart to find it.

I suspect you're trying to be kind, so for that thanks, but I'm not "alt-right" and I suspect I'm fairly atypical for a Trump supporter (for example, I'm concerned about what he does when it comes to environmental policies), though my views on immigration and trade are likely much more in line with them. I posted a link to a debate between a Harvard economist and a libertarian on immigration. It wasn't a link to Breitbart. What's the Breitbart view I'm expressing? That churches tend to be segregated? That is a shocker to no one. That most people on this board, including those who support keeping immigration as is, probably live in lily white neighborhoods. Again, not a shocker.

Bsf4l's nightstand: bottle of lotion, tissues, mp3 player with "I just wanna stop" on continuous repeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I laughed. Does this mean we're on the road to being back on friendly terms? Despite all the hate, I've still got no ill will for you.

The basic finding is this: Trump supporters seem to believe that globalization threatens cultures around the world–not just Americans. This belief often gets mistaken as “racism.”

This is an interesting perspective and one that I had not considered. However, I might attribute this more to the Bernie crowd and anti globalization movement of the late 1990s early / 2000s than to Trump supporters. Trump may have acquired some of these people as supporters in the last year because few other politicians are talking about or acknowledging the problems of globalization. But so much of Trump's rhetoric comes from a place of anger at immigrants and foreigners, ie blaming globalization on the individuals that are affected by globalization (it's victims really), and not at the financial and industrial corporations that are main force behind and cause of globalization.

Last edited:
The left-libs thought that they had won the political argument with those who disagree with them. Now, they are frustrated because they realize that they haven't won at all. Indeed, they appear to be losing in a number of areas.

The left-libs made the mistake of having a political argument in the first place. Posted on another thread but it's relevant here:

The big liberal takeaway should be that education level was the biggest predictor in this election. America is dumber than we thought and they don't care about nuanced policy discussions, fact based reasoning, or credible news sources.

Promise America they will get pizza everyday in the cafeteria to get into office and then make education and turnout your top priorities while making massive infrastructure investments to placate the rubes.

The left-libs made the mistake of having a political argument in the first place. Posted on another thread but it's relevant here:

The big liberal takeaway should be that education level was the biggest predictor in this election. America is dumber than we thought and they don't care about nuanced policy discussions, fact based reasoning, or credible news sources.

Promise America they will get pizza everyday in the cafeteria to get into office and then make education and turnout your top priorities while making massive infrastructure investments to placate the rubes.

Doesn't look like you've learned very much. But if you are satisfied with that, then be my guest. Those who will not learn, cannot learn.

Doesn't look like you've learned very much. But if you are satisfied with that, then be my guest. Those who will not learn, cannot learn.

Yep. Just keep calling everyone who disagrees with you rubes and racists and ignore their valid concerns. That'll really work out well.

As you post this, Clinton's PV lead has surpassed 2.5 million. I've learned our election system needs to be changed.

As you post this, Clinton's PV lead has surpassed 2.5 million. I've learned our election system needs to be changed.

Or, an alternative approach might be to learn that your strategy for winning elections might need to change.

Honestly, whether BS4L is trolling or not is kind of irrelevant at this point. He has gotten pretty good at representing the alt-right and the rest of Trump's supporters. We can all disagree with those views, but they make up roughly 49% of the electorate. I didn't particularly appreciate the spamming of bogus articles, but if he simply continues to represent the Trumpian side of arguments, then I'd rather get his succinct version of it than have to sift through Breitbart to find it...especially at work.

Similarly, I find it helpful to spend just a moment or two here from time to time to be able to have my finger on the pulse of the loony left.

If there's anything I've noticed about you, it's that you're open to learning about and considering other people's positions.

Back