• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%207.24.28%20AM.png

yeah, i mean i get pretty pissed when my Big Bang Theory eps are interrupted but I guess I'll have to deal

Trump will probably have rallies through out his presidency. The state of the union will probably be held at a monster truck rally intermission.

Trump's SotU speeches should be...interesting.

"The State of the Union is BIGLY"

so for his first SOTU, will he have already brought us out of the hellscape he portrayed during the campaign just a month into the job?

so for his first SOTU, will he have already brought us out of the hellscape he portrayed during the campaign just a month into the job?

You can watch the upcoming press conference about the 1,000 jobs President Trump saved. :)

Lol ok let's follow the Carrier deal.

Pence offered $24MM in incentives for companies in Indiana to ship businesses overseas. Companies rapidly offshored, to the tune of 3800 jobs. Pence realizes his mistake, bribes companies with millions more to remain in Indiana. Carrier rejects the offer, moves jobs to Mexico. Viral video ensues. Trump sees viral video, uses on campaign trail, doubles down on those same Pence tax incentives. Sweetens the pot for Carrier with exclusive government contracts for their parent company, United Technologies. Carrier takes the "deal" but still moves 1300 jobs to Mexico. It's a big PR stunt where Carrier is still fucking offshoring over a thousand jobs, but in the meantime, taxpayers are heavily subsidizing the company and Carrier likely gets millions in exclusive contracts.

Great work!

Man, what a tough negotiator! He must have used the best words. Before Bob 2 sold his soul to the alt-right, he would have agreed with his main man Bernie here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/01/bernie-sanders-carrier-just-showed-corporations-how-to-beat-donald-trump/?utm_term=.c0543a9d9518

"President-elect Donald Trump will reportedly announce a deal with United Technologies, the corporation that owns Carrier, that keeps less than 1,000 of the 2,100 jobs in America that were previously scheduled to be transferred to Mexico. Let’s be clear: It is not good enough to save some of these jobs. Trump made a promise that he would save all of these jobs, and we cannot rest until an ironclad contract is signed to ensure that all of these workers are able to continue working in Indiana without having their pay or benefits slashed.

In exchange for allowing United Technologies to continue to offshore more than 1,000 jobs, Trump will reportedly give the company tax and regulatory favors that the corporation has sought. Just a short few months ago, Trump was pledging to force United Technologies to “pay a damn tax.” He was insisting on very steep tariffs for companies like Carrier that left the United States and wanted to sell their foreign-made products back in the United States. Instead of a damn tax, the company will be rewarded with a damn tax cut. Wow! How’s that for standing up to corporate greed? How’s that for punishing corporations that shut down in the United States and move abroad?

In essence, United Technologies took Trump hostage and won. And that should send a shock wave of fear through all workers across the country."

doesn't matter, guys.

Carrier is staying in some form and Trump "saved" some jobs, nailing a campaign promise even before taking office.

did you already forget the post earlier about pizza in the cafeteria?

Back