• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

The left-libs thought that they had won the political argument with those who disagree with them. Now, they are frustrated because they realize that they haven't won at all. Indeed, they appear to be losing in a number of areas.

The term "left-lib" is fucking stupid. Just stop. You sound like the braying jackass who always talks about "right wing masters" and overuses the term "ilk."

doesn't matter, guys.

Carrier is staying in some form and Trump "saved" some jobs, nailing a campaign promise even before taking office.

did you already forget the post earlier about pizza in the cafeteria?

Yes! -- we're having a fuckin' pizza party!? You think he could get us ten extra minutes of recess once a month? Trump rulez

Haters gonna keep on hating but DJT don't care. Why? He's too busy saving American jobs.

Lol ok let's follow the Carrier deal.

Pence offered $24MM in incentives for companies in Indiana to ship businesses overseas. Companies rapidly offshored, to the tune of 3800 jobs. Pence realizes his mistake, bribes companies with millions more to remain in Indiana. Carrier rejects the offer, moves jobs to Mexico. Viral video ensues. Trump sees viral video, uses on campaign trail, doubles down on those same Pence tax incentives. Sweetens the pot for Carrier with exclusive government contracts for their parent company, United Technologies. Carrier takes the "deal" but still moves 1300 jobs to Mexico. It's a big PR stunt where Carrier is still fucking offshoring over a thousand jobs, but in the meantime, taxpayers are heavily subsidizing the company and Carrier likely gets millions in exclusive contracts.

Great work!

I am not saying this is what happened but is the conclusion that Trump should have let them leave ? If they left would you be praising him for not keeping 1000 jobs ?

None of it matters. He's gonna call it a victory on his victory tour and people will still eat it up.

It's what he does: Shine up turds and sell them to rubes. He has literally made a career out of it. The man is a master of branding and controlling headlines.

I am not saying this is what happened but is the conclusion that Trump should have let them leave ? If they left would you be praying him for not keeping 1000 jobs ?

We have to pray to the guy now? Jesus this is escalating quickly.

I am not saying this is what happened but is the conclusion that Trump should have let them leave ? If they left would you be praising him for not keeping 1000 jobs ?

i think he's saying pence is a moron and if we have to fix everything by spending govenrment money i think we just call that Liberal Policies

The conclusion is that he's no hero for using taxpayer millions to subsidize a few hundred jobs and many millions more in profits, preferential contracts, and lowered regulations.

And that the president shouldn't be going business by business convincing companies to stay in America. That's not a jobs plan. Especially when it costs middle class tax $.

If that's the case, why not just create more government jobs?

i think he's saying pence is a moron and if we have to fix everything by spending govenrment money i think we just call that Liberal Policies

I dont disagree with you but if he waited to be in office etc would there not be a chance carrier would have been gone or too late to stop them. I agree it shouldn't be the rule but I haven't seen anything that would indicate he will do this with every company moving forward. Maybe I'm just in glass half full mode.

The point is he lost the negotiation and he's gonna spin it as a win, and the people who want to view everything as glass half full are gonna see it that way no matter fucking what Trump does.

Lol have you been around the last 8 years?

The point is he lost the negotiation and he's gonna spin it as a win, and the people who want to view everything as glass half full are gonna see it that way no matter fucking what Trump does.

This is how 100,000+ jobs added in the last jobs report was immediately called a 'disaster' by our president elect on the campaign trail and then a bullshit deal to retain less than a percent of that is trumpeted as a victory of great proportions.

His base will eat it up.

I dont disagree with you but if he waited to be in office etc would there not be a chance carrier would have been gone or too late to stop them. I agree it shouldn't be the rule but I haven't seen anything that would indicate he will do this with every company moving forward. Maybe I'm just in glass half full mode.

He has talked a big talk about consequences for offshoring. I'm still curious as to how the decisions will be made between getting the carrot and getting the stick. My cynical guess is that these decisions will become a form of kickbacks for Trump's friends.

Back