• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

That mass shootings are not a product of globalism or religious/cultural conflict and it's irresponsible as fuck to suggest they are.

so because of Dylan Roof any suggestion or action to stop people from coming here that hates the US or refuses to assimilate is not allowed or irresponsible?

Trump conveniently forgot to mention that Obama created 6,000 new jobs a day last month.

Makes holding a pep rally for paying for 1,100 of them look kinda silly

I'd like to see Trump nail down a target number for job growth that far exceeds Obama's numbers.

I saw a good column calling Trump speech the worst economic speech since some Mondale speech in 1984. His point was that we are already at under 5% unemployment (4.6!). So Trump should be focused on increasing wages.

Say it louder, BSF.

It's truly amazing. The man hasn't even been inaugurated yet, and the Left has already drunk-historied their defeat. It's not that we're selling feel-good solutions that nobody's buying. No, not at all. It's a post-fact era of fake news. That's why we lost. If only voters were smart enough to see our brilliance. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Just do me a favor, guys. Whenever you lament how smart and underappreciated you and your policy ideas are, please do it loudly and in the presence of swing state voters. They really need to hear that message one more time. They're just not getting it.

Jhmd, or others, how do you explain the education gap between trump supporters and Clinton supporters?

Personally, I don't think better educated = more intelligent, though there is certainly a correlation. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Trump nail down a target number for job growth that far exceeds Obama's numbers.

I saw a good column calling Trump speech the worst economic speech since some Mondale speech in 1984. His point was that we are already at under 5% unemployment (4.6!). So Trump should be focused on increasing wages.

lol

Jhmd, how do you explain the education gap between trump supporters and Clinton supporters?

Personally, I don't think better educated = more intelligent, though there is certainly a correlation. Interested to hear your thoughts.

not on this board.

No. Against it because it's bad policy. Just lower the corporate tax rate altogether--it's obscenely high and what's driving companies overseas, not trade deals, not immigrants, not automation. Don't do these piecemeal bullshit deals negotiating with multi-billion dollar companies for pithy job #s.
Yep. And cheaper labor costs. But when an inversion to Canada provides tax benefits, your rate is too high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No. Against it because it's bad policy. Just lower the corporate tax rate altogether--it's obscenely high and what's driving companies overseas, not trade deals, not immigrants, not automation. Don't do these piecemeal bullshit deals negotiating with multi-billion dollar companies for pithy job #s.

High tax rates are what's driving company money to overseas holdings. But I'm guessing its low labor costs that are actually moving jobs overseas.

fair enough. did anyone say immigrants are driving companies overseas?

Jhmd, or others, how do you explain the education gap between trump supporters and Clinton supporters?

There are different types of education. Having a Phd may mean you spent a whole lot of time learning something that is not all that important. Someone who spends those years in the real world might be a whole lot wiser. And "intelligence" is overrated. I would choose wisdom and common sense over raw intelligence, which may mean you are good at test taking. Some of the most "intelligent" people I know are among the most clueless.

not on this board.

I would assume almost everyone on this board has a college degree, with a large portion having a second defeee of some sort. I would guess that if we segmented out by advanced degree vs college degree on this board there would be some correlation with higher intelligence.

For some reason people struggle to accept that like equally amorphous physical attributes such as athleticism or health, intelligence is stratified in our society.

so because of Dylan Roof any suggestion or action to stop people from coming here that hates the US or refuses to assimilate is not allowed or irresponsible?

The shooter was born in Chicago. Fuck, dude, read anything at all.

an important distinction for low skill/low paying jobs, to be certain

seems like if you want to disincentivize outsourcing (which is anticapitalistic and anti-libertarian, so probs not something most boards conservatives like, dollars to donuts), the carrot is lower or eliminated payroll taxes and the stick is trumpian penalties

lowering the corporate tax rate does mean more $ for re-investing, but we know that means paying shareholder dividends, not creating new jobs/protecting old ones

Agreed. The problem you run into with your carrot is that there's no way reducing payroll taxes is going to close the gap between a $30/hr US worker and a $11/day Mexican worker. Sure it worked for Carrier because they can be plied with defense contracts, but that's not a large-scale winning strategy.

$7 million sounds like a low number for Carrier.

Something stinks there.

I'm thinking the hidden part is defense contracts, either keeping defense contracts as is or the promise of increased contracts which should be interesting since they would need to skirt blind bidding, not really hard to do. Carrier is like some bored dudes side project at a large conglomerate.

There are different types of education. Having a Phd may mean you spent a whole lot of time learning something that is not all that important. Someone who spends those years in the real world might be a whole lot wiser. And "intelligence" is overrated. I would choose wisdom and common sense over raw intelligence, which may mean you are good at test taking. Some of the most "intelligent" people I know are among the most clueless.

Common sense is far more important than many in academia will admit, but it is common for a reason and often lacks any connection to logic or reason. Common sense and wisdom, at least in the way you are using those terms, never change the world. intelligence often does.

The shooter was born in Chicago. Fuck, dude, read anything at all.

you ignorant little fuck.

you responded to this post

Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
Turns out the San Bernardino shooters were pissed cause the husband's workplace had a Christmas themed party. Imagine getting furious that your co-workers celebrate Christmas ina country that is still overwhelmingly Christian. This is the difficult situation the open borders America-haters have put us in. They've demanded our country be flooded with millions of disgruntled people who see America as nothing but a paycheck and expect everyone to be ultra-tolerant of their beliefs or else. No one is talking about cutting ourselves off from the rest of the world. That is nonsense. But the days of our nation committing suicide and bending over backwards to appease America hating pc fucks are over. America First!

with this shit

Did Dylan Roof put America first?

i doubt it, but it's a popular scapegoat with the bsf crowd

lol hey sprinkle in a little hate immigrants to your point and who cares if it was said because you can picture it being said and it makes your point stronger. I like it.

Back