• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, how is Baylor doing it?

Baylor is not that good of a school. There are certain departments that are excellent, but on the whole it is not.

I know tons of kids who are horrible students who not only got into Baylor but made pretty decent grades.

I had C+ average at Wake and made straight A's in my summer school classes at Baylor

We just disagree on this. I do not think your A's represent how good a school is or is not.

Baylor is not that good of a school. There are certain departments that are excellent, but on the whole it is not.

I know tons of kids who are horrible students who not only got into Baylor but made pretty decent grades.

I had C+ average at Wake and made straight A's in my summer school classes at Baylor

We just disagree on this. I do not think your A's represent how good a school is or is not.

What denverpacker is saying is that you would have gotten straight smiley faces if you had attended State. :thumbsup:

Baylor has a ton of money, got lucky with the way RGIII developed into a true QB, and has a lot more people than Wake. If anything, they're more comparable to Miami.

And they landed RGIII because they told him he could play QB and they wouldn't use him as an athlete.

5baylor1_display_image_display_image.jpg

You guys are missing the obvious

Once considered the southwestern twin to Wake, Baylor is top 10 in football with the Heisman trophy winner, top 10 in both men's and women's basketball with arguably the best women's bb player in the nation. How is a comparable school achieving such success? Not very long ago their men's basketball program was as good as dead.

forgive me if this subject has been previously discussed.

Hard to argue she's not the best, but whether she's actually a she????

Baylor has a ton of money, got lucky with the way RGIII developed into a true QB, and has a lot more people than Wake. If anything, they're more comparable to Miami.

And they landed RGIII because they told him he could play QB and they wouldn't use him as an athlete.

How could people say got lucky the way he developed into a true QB? It couldn't have anything to do with hard work or good coaching around him to improve him. The luck word is being thrown around way too damn much here.

Baylor is a pretty damn good school.

They also have had a good run on bringing some outstanding athletes into their programs. Couple this with good coaches and you have a good recipe for success.

Do not get all the negativity on this thread. I wish we were having their current run.

Believe the only ACC schools that are ranked lower than Baylor are FSU and NCSU. I wouldn't call that a pretty damn good school. Respectable, sure, but not at all comparable to Wake.

Believe the only ACC schools that are ranked lower than Baylor are FSU and NCSU. I wouldn't call that a pretty damn good school. Respectable, sure, but not at all comparable to Wake.

I have heard are Sociology departments are on equal footing, however.

had a family member that went to baylor:

1) waco is a shithole... literally hell on earth
2) it is not a good school. like any bigger school, it has good parts, but pretty much anyone who can pay can get in.
3) they have very good athletic facilities at baylor b/c they have very rich, Texas-sized donors.
4) if they aren't cheating in b-ball, then they must have magic pussy dust sprinkled around campus that attracts these kids (see pic)

Somewhere there is a whole lot of money coming into the Baylor athletic department. Baylor sports a varsity equestrian team, a sport that is labeled under the "emerging sport" status by the NCAA. While equestrian is liked by many schools because of the Title IX roles that it fills in that there are huge female rosters, it is without a doubt one of the more expensive teams to support, especially if the facilities/horses are owned by the university as they are at Baylor. In addition the travel and equipment costs are astronomical. There has to be big $$$$ for a school to support an equestrian team.

I have to say, I am glad the neon hats, cheap sunglasses, and other 80s style for Greek life started around the time I graduated. Not sure I would have gone with that trend.

had a family member that went to baylor:

1) waco is a shithole... literally hell on earth
2) it is not a good school. like any bigger school, it has good parts, but pretty much anyone who can pay can get in.
3) they have very good athletic facilities at baylor b/c they have very rich, Texas-sized donors.
4) if they aren't cheating in b-ball, then they must have magic pussy dust sprinkled around campus that attracts these kids (see pic)

LOL. Number 4 it is then. Because surely Baylor isn't cheating in BBall.

Back