• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"So I stuck with it, and now we’re here" / Dan's Article on McKie's Senior Night

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
"So I stuck with it, and now we’re here" / Dan's Article on McKie's Senior Night

Link

Nothing earth-shattering, but I thought some might enjoy (or, at least be interested in) the read.

“Travis is very young"
-Jeff [Redacted]

“My family and close friends and just faith — faith that things would happen and turn around,” McKie said. “Everything happens for a reason. I made a commitment to stay here when I was a junior in high school. Things change. Gaudio left. They brought in Coach Buzz. I was still in love with the program. I decided to still come no matter what. I honored my decision.
“And that’s one thing I was taught as a kid:. Everything you do, you have to stick with it — whether it’s tough or not. So I stuck with it, and now we’re here.”

“He’s been consistent in terms of his ability to score in a variety of ways. Maybe his numbers are down a little bit, but it’s because we’ve got more balance now. But he can grab an offensive rebound, he can run the court, he can make a big bucket, he’s a consistent free-throw shooter, he can knock down a 3. He can play a couple of positions."

If nothing else, this team is definitely...balanced?

I'll always respect the hell out of Travis for gutting it out for 4 years. I really wish we coulda have seen him under a great coach and he deserved one.

If anyone can play the youth card in a article ahead of Senior Night reflecting on the career of a player who has started every game of his 4 year collegiate career, it's Jeff [Redacted].

Even our four year starters are young? We just never catch any breaks!

So you're Travis and you just got fouled as time expired, down 1 point tonight.

Are you torn about what to do? Hit the free throws and the story is the news of [Redacted] potentially getting fired stirred the team to victory. Miss them and your last home game is another brutal loss. Or do you go Chris Paul style and airball them intentionally, maybe toss the double bird at [Redacted] and just walk straight down the tunnel?

How the hell is he ahead of schedule to graduate? Seems to me that he is exactly on pace to graduate in four years. If he was ahead of schedule he would have already graduated. Fucking Bztanic can't even be honest about that.

Are you torn about what to do? Hit the free throws and the story is the news of [Redacted] potentially getting fired stirred the team to victory. Miss them and your last home game is another brutal loss. Or do you go Chris Paul style and airball them intentionally, maybe toss the double bird at [Redacted] and just walk straight down the tunnel?

I'd knit a #30 jersey and scale the Joel rafters myself to hang it.

How the hell is he ahead of schedule to graduate? Seems to me that he is exactly on pace to graduate in four years. If he was ahead of schedule he would have already graduated. Fucking Bztanic can't even be honest about that.

This. He is in the spring semester of his senior year. How is this ahead of schedule?

This. He is in the spring semester of his senior year. How is this ahead of schedule?

[Redacted] lives his life according to a 12 year plan.

Year 7 is when he is expected to contend for an NIT berth.

To be fair, Bz has no reason to know how long it takes a player to earn a degree. Travis is the first (and last) person in history that will be able to say he played his entire collegiate career under Jeff [Redacted].

I doubt that's how he'll want to be remembered.

I would assume his hours required to participate in basketball are greater than his hours required for him to graduate this semester.

I would assume his hours required to participate in basketball are greater than his hours required for him to graduate this semester.

that's what I thought - with summer school, etc. could have accrued enough/nearly enough credits to graduate in Dec. or something, but needed to be a full time student this semester

Wow... What a gut wrenching choice...

J. Riddell ‏@Joshua_Riddell 17m
Travis McKie needs to have his Wake Forest jersey retired for playing under [Redacted] for four years.

To be fair, Bz has no reason to know how long it takes a player to earn a degree. Travis is the first (and last) person in history that will be able to say he played his entire collegiate career under Jeff [Redacted].

I doubt that's how he'll want to be remembered.

Well done

Back