• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So... this Mike Muse stuff...

Also, if a male teacher or coach was texting my hypothetical teenage daughter without my knowledge or consent, I wouldn't care what it pertained to, or how innocuous the texts were. I'd be livid. You need to run that by the parent, period. None of that "surrogate daddy" garbage Muse yelled at the kid who called him out.

Also, if a male teacher or coach was texting my hypothetical teenage daughter without my knowledge or consent, I wouldn't care what it pertained to, or how innocuous the texts were. I'd be livid.

I wonder how one finds the cell number of a hypothetical person.

Also, if a male teacher or coach was texting my hypothetical teenage daughter without my knowledge or consent, I wouldn't care what it pertained to, or how innocuous the texts were. I'd be livid. You need to run that by the parent, period. None of that "surrogate daddy" garbage Muse yelled at the kid who called him out.

Did the parents/guardians of the girl in question come out and say one way or the other? There's a chance that they knew that/what he was texting to her and that's why he was only suspended for 5 days

Agree with you dot com. That video made me :wtf: the whole time. The kid is struggling with trust issues? The whole thing is just bizarre.

I can understand the parent's continued frustration and trust issues somewhat. They brought this to the principal when it first happened and from their end it seemed the school did nothing about it. Only when it became a major local news event did they reavaluate and decide to suspend him. Basically, school got caught doing nothing about it and now has to to save face. I'd have a hard time trusting the school as well right after the event.

That said, not sure what else they think should be done. Is it going to really make things better if Muse gets fired? I don't think so. Is a 10 day suspension better than 5? Not really.

Back