• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Wednesday is the big game (WF-VT predictions/pregame discussion)

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Maybe this year's Super Bowl. The one road game everyone seems to think we have a good chance to win. The game that can get Bzzz an elusive conference road victory.

vtech.jpg

Predictions welcome. Also, feel free to share your plans for Wednesday night...are you throwing a game party? Going to a packed bar (if you can get a seat)? How slow is this week going to go by?

LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!

Jeff%2BBzdelik%2BXgdKexaq0tzm.jpg

Will we be favored it what I am interested in? It looks like a pickem to Wake slight favorite, but will the oddsmakers factor in a Bzzz road factor?

So, VT has won 3 out of 3 home games against Wake during the bzzz debacle? Seems those odds favor VT.

it's a must win (insert sarcasm here), our next 3 away games are on Tuesday nights

VT 64
WFU 55

We struggle to put up points again ... redux Clemson

Wake 62
VT 61

Codi runner for the win.

"This team is going to the NIT." Couldn't ask for anything more than that in Year 4.

Looking at the statistical prediction models 3 of the next 4 games are 3 of the most favorable 4 matchups we have the rest of the season. Even models that predict us to go 17-14 have us going 3 of 4 as 3 of the most likely 5 remaining wins.

17 wins will not get us into the NIT.

We win 3 out of the next 4....VT on the road and Notre Dame & Georgia Tech at home.

15-7 overall, 5-4 in the ACC. (And I wouldn't be that surprised if we beat Duke later at home to sweep the Big Four at the Joel.)

This team is going to the NIT.
It's funny that you only mention the next 4 games. Because the 5 games after this 4-game stretch are likely going to be all L's. 4 road games and a home game against FSU. We ain't going to the NIT.

We win 3 out of the next 4....VT on the road and Notre Dame & Georgia Tech at home.

15-7 overall, 5-4 in the ACC. (And I wouldn't be that surprised if we beat Duke later at home to sweep the Big Four at the Joel.)

This team is going to the NIT.

Wow! You mean we're returning to the GLORY YEARS? Yes!!!

So we're gonna beat the bottom feeders of the ACC this season (and UNC) and go something like 1-9 in away games. I think the NIT selection committee will leave us out with that kind of resume. Back to the topic, this is truly a pick 'em. VT has a 5th year bruiser, Cadarian Raines, who just had a breakout game (20 and 6) against Notre Dame. Not sure why he wasn't playing much earlier in the season. I'll go:

VT - 66
WF - 62

In 08 we were 17-13 and beat highly ranked Duke at the Joel. Finished 69th in KP and were a great emotional story. Snubbed from NIT. Rules are different than they were in 2006.

Well, in the first place, I think we are going to win more than 17 games. The 2006 team got an NIT bid after going 3-13 in the ACC & 17-16 overall. (Though the sorry bunch of quitters shouldn't have gotten one. I knew they would just mail in one more non-effort from Minnesota. 73-58, I think it was.)

Most of all, I want to win enough games to retain [Redacted].....for the same reason that Jim Williams continued to live in Savannah.

that 2006 team had a difficult time learning their identity after cp3 left. they had to make do with a justin gray moving to the point where he was solid but certainly not spectacular. after a bad (though not quite bzz bad) regular season they ended up in the acc tourney semi finals after winning two games and losing to that years champ duke. that was a very frustrating season that took almost until the last days to figure out how they needed to play together as a team.

that you would call anyone a quitter is quite something.

Back