• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Wednesday is the big game (WF-VT predictions/pregame discussion)

What does KenPom predict the score to be? And our chances of winning?

that 2006 team had a difficult time learning their identity after cp3 left. they had to make do with a justin gray moving to the point where he was solid but certainly not spectacular. after a bad (though not quite bzz bad) regular season they ended up in the acc tourney semi finals after winning two games and losing to that years champ duke. that was a very frustrating season that took almost until the last days to figure out how they needed to play together as a team.

that you would call anyone a quitter is quite something.

Bkf must have left those games out of his diary. Still the best ACC tournament showing in over a decade for Wake. All by a bunch of quitters.

Kinda like the 85 team that returned Kenny Green, Delaney Rudd, Muggsy Bogues and Mark Cline from a Final 8 squad and started 3-1 in the ACC before finishing the year 3-10.

It happens.

Nah, they're all in there. I even had season tickets, though I stopped going to the games after February 19th, when they blew a 9-point lead in the 2nd half against Carolina and lost 83-72, dropping to 1-11 in the ACC...after going 13-3 a year earlier and returning three starters, including two All-ACC players.

(And by the way, this WF team is not going to go 3-13 in the ACC like that 2006 team did....and it doesn't have a bunch of seniors and two All-ACC players.)

Speaking of quitters, way to quit on the team.

So we're gonna beat the bottom feeders of the ACC this season (and UNC) and go something like 1-9 in away games. I think the NIT selection committee will leave us out with that kind of resume. Back to the topic, this is truly a pick 'em. VT has a 5th year bruiser, Cadarian Raines, who just had a breakout game (20 and 6) against Notre Dame. Not sure why he wasn't playing much earlier in the season. I'll go:

VT - 66
WF - 62

Raines has been inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of brilliance then regresses for several games.

Wake has shot FTs better the last couple games, and that will be a key to this one as well. If Wake can get to the line and convert, they will win. As little faith as I have in [Redacted], I think Wake is still at least as good as UNCG on the road. 65-61 Wake.

It is hard to find 4 or 5 wins left on the schedule. This one becomes a must win. However, I think VaT pulls it out.

Yeah, and I also said why.

Under what logic can you ever support a coach who:

*Loses on an historic level
*Routinely embarrasses his players publicly
*Is the worst recruiter Wake has had in at least half a century
*Is the worst end of game coach, anyone here has seen on any level
*Drives away fans and donors
*Drives away good kids like Anthony Fields, Tony Chennault, Carson Desroisers
*Has made our school a national laughingstock

WFU 61
VT 58

Wellman throws a ticker tape parade.

Last edited:
As most know, I vehemently oppose colleges firing coaches mid-season. BUT if we lose by double digits, fire [Redacted] and put Jeff Battle in as interim coach.

Who the hell are you, redwing, to speak for the board? Have you ever donated a penny to the operations of this board....or are you just one of the many on here who have never donated a cent, but run their mouths and try to speak for everyone?

I swear, the richer that people get, the cheaper they get. Wake Forest today is living proof.

Where's my 2014 check? #feedtheponzischeme

Back