• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, who will fill Nikita's shoes next year?

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I think we'll be in decent shape at the DE's next year with Tylor Harris and Josh Banks, although the depth behind them is a question. What about noseguard, are we going to leave Looney v2.0 there or is he going to DE. Garcia has another year, but I see him more as a backup DE. What about Shelden Lewinson, anybody got any thoughts on his development? He certainly hasn't seen the field very much this year.

But to answer. I put looney in there and even out Harris in there with Banks and Floyd as DE in pass rushing situations.

Without a NG, I look for us to continue to innovate. We'll play a 2-3-6, with 2 DEs on the line, 3 LBs, and 6 DBs.

In obvious passing situations, we will of course pull a LB in favor of a 7th DB.

On offense, we're just going to punt on first down.

Floyd has been playing outside backer this year, do we know he'll be moved back to DE?

We use him as a DE whether he is a standing/blitzing LB or a three point DE. I know the sack he and Whitlock got on Boome, Floyd was in three point DE stance.

There is such a chasm of leadership on this team, I don't know who will fill it? Bud Noel or Donatell? Nikita was the re-incarnation of James Parker. It took Wake 30 years to find another one.

There was not a Nikita before Nikita and there won't be a Nikita after Nikita.

simply one of a kind.

Jon Abbate will return from heaven, thus inducing the rapture. No need to worry about this.

There was not a Nikita before Nikita and there won't be a Nikita after Nikita.

simply one of a kind.

Nikita and James Parker could have a very nice conversation. I think they would really appreciate each other.

What happened with Tylor Harris? I really had high hopes for him after his freshman year and it seems that he hardly saw the field in his sophomore year.

What happened with Tylor Harris? I really had high hopes for him after his freshman year and it seems that he hardly saw the field in his sophomore year.

He got some pretty good PT the last couple of games with Redding and Thompson banged up. Personally I don't think he looked to be in the best physical shape this year, but I hope he works a little on his conditioning this offseason. He really has the size for a DE in the 3-4, of course I guess he could be moved to DT as well.

Back