• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SoCar's Frank Martin Suspended

Frank was on Jim Rome's radio show early in the week (I think Monday) and you could hear Rome drooling into the microphone talking about how awesome Frank's enthusiasm and energy are to see. I wonder how long into the show today it will take him to 180 and call it distasteful and crossing a line?

Frank was on Jim Rome's radio show early in the week (I think Monday) and you could hear Rome drooling into the microphone talking about how awesome Frank's enthusiasm and energy are to see. I wonder how long into the show today it will take him to 180 and call it distasteful and crossing a line?

Only Buttheads listen to Jim Rome. Butthead!

Martin apologizes.

"I screwed up," Martin said Friday, a day after the school suspended him for Saturday's regular-season finale at Mississippi State. "I'm not perfect. I've got issues and I've got to work through them." "I embarrassed my family, my kids, my current and past players and my bosses," Martin said. "My actions are not acceptable. I work at my problems every day. I've got to get better. I'm still not where I need to be."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10569341/south-carolina-gamecocks-coach-frank-martin-sorry-outburst

At the end of the day, I like Frank Martin. Coaching basketball at South Carolina isn't a cake walk. It ranks pretty low in the pecking order of SC sports. Obviously football is #1. Next is baseball, where they won back-to-back National Championships in 2010-2011. The women's basketball team is coached by a WNBA HOF'er who also won a gold medal and went to the Sweet 16 3 years ago. The Lady Gamecocks lost their 3rd game of the season today in the SEC Tourney. The soccer team has won Conference Championships and Regular Season Championships in the last 10 years. So he has quite a tough task in making the men's basketball team competitive. Not to mention the caliber of players they regularly recruit and land.

plus you have to live in a shithole surrounded by ignorant douchebag rednecks

plus you have to live in a shithole surrounded by ignorant douchebag rednecks

Yeah. Low taxes, nice weather, Republican governor and state assemblies, beach is 2 1/2 hrs away, mountains are 2 1/2 hours away, lake houses for under 500k, tons of new business investments, cheap gasoline. You keep living your dream, I'll keep living mine.

eta: And I still proudly wear my WF gear whenever and wherever I can just to piss off the Cocklovers and Tigers fans...

Last edited:
Columbia is a dump. U of South Carolina athletics may have a lot going for it, but location ain't in the plus column.

Yeah. Low taxes, nice weather, Republican governor and state assemblies, beach is 2 1/2 hrs away, mountains are 2 1/2 hours away, lake houses for under 500k, tons of new business investments, cheap gasoline. You keep living your dream, I'll keep living mine.

eta: And I still proudly wear my WF gear whenever and wherever I can just to piss off the Cocklovers and Tigers fans...

+1

Sounds like you live 2 1/2 hours away from someplace nice.

And what awesome utopia do you live in, sweetheart?

I never said I lived in one. I live in Winston, and I would take it 11 times out of 10 over Columbia, cupcake. There are few places I wouldn't choose to live in over Columbia though, maybe Kandahar or most of North Korea I guess.

I never said I lived in one. I live in Winston, and I would take it 11 times out of 10 over Columbia, cupcake. There are few places I wouldn't choose to live in over Columbia though, maybe Kandahar or most of North Korea I guess.

At the end of the day we're both WF fans, I assume. Me growing up in High Point and now living NEAR Columbia. You living in Winston, and I again assume you are a WF fan. Have you ever lived in South Carolina? Or just visited? Or just assuming what you think it is? I made a factual post based on what I see living here. You offered nothing, but attempted to piss on my post and add absolutely nothing constructive.

At the end of the day we're both WF fans, I assume. Me growing up in High Point and now living NEAR Columbia. You living in Winston, and I again assume you are a WF fan. Have you ever lived in South Carolina? Or just visited? Or just assuming what you think it is? I made a factual post based on what I see living here. You offered nothing, but attempted to piss on my post and add absolutely nothing constructive.

Grew up 5 miles over the NC/SC line. Columbia is a dump. There are hundreds of miles within 2.5 hours from beach and mountains all along the eastern seaboard. Sure you have low taxes, but you get crummy infrastructure and schools as a result. There are parts of SC that are wonderful, Columbia isn't one of them.

Grew up 5 miles over the NC/SC line. Columbia is a dump. There are hundreds of miles within 2.5 hours from beach and mountains all along the eastern seaboard. Sure you have low taxes, but you get crummy infrastructure and schools as a result. There are parts of SC that are wonderful, Columbia isn't one of them.

I don't live in Columbia! For fuck's sake! My kids go to one of the best Districts in the state. We are in the top 3 of all school districts in the state. We also have one of the strongest tax bases. The area I work in is THE highest paying in all of SC.

This thread is about Frank Martin flipping out on a player not NC vs SC
Fuck Buzz and Go Deacs!

I don't live in Columbia! For fuck's sake! My kids go to one of the best Districts in the state. We are in the top 3 of all school districts in the state. We also have one of the strongest tax bases. The area I work in is THE highest paying in all of SC.

Tallest midget.

Fuck you, shitbag! Another douche piling on. No facts or commentary to add. Just proving his ignorance

To make sure I have this straight, the guy being called a "shitbag" is the one proving his ignorance?

I concede in the face of your rhetorical brilliance. You truly are the Cicero of this generation.

Back