• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Somewhere [Redacted] is laughing

There was a suite at the game today with a cheaply computer-copied sign stating it was reserved for "Wake Forest Advancement".

I like to imagine that Dino was alone in that room watching replays of the Texas game.

[Redacted] inherited 3 years of CJ Harris and 4 years of Travis McKie on which to build. Manning gets 2 years of Devin and a broken CMM.

I'm guessing a starting lineup of Crawford/CJ/McKie/Dinos/Collins with Moore, Wilbekin, and Hudson coming off the bench would win a lot more games than [Redacted] did in his 2nd year.

If [Redacted] laughs these days it's because he pictured the piles of money he got for ruining our program.

[Redacted] inherited 3 years of CJ Harris and 4 years of Travis McKie on which to build. Manning gets 2 years of Devin and a broken CMM.

I'm guessing a starting lineup of Crawford/CJ/McKie/Dinos/Collins with Moore, Wilbekin, and Hudson coming off the bench would win a lot more games than [Redacted] did in his 2nd year.

If [Redacted] laughs these days it's because he pictured the piles of money he got for ruining our program.

So the part of this I agree with is Bz enjoying piles of money on us. Dino I'm sure enjoyed living on our buyout, too. Manning definitely inherited a bare cupboard, but there are also concerning things that are on DM. I've not been impressed with some of the in game coaching and recruiting this year was a huge bust, whether people want to admit it or not. I don't expect us to play better next year, and I suspect that will make it hard to recruit better than this year, too.

"Not been impressed with some of the in-game coaching!?" What in-game coaching?

We'll be good again when we have enough talent to be competitive, but that's looking like Manning's ceiling and we prematurely fired the last coach who had us playing at a similar level.

Is it so hard for people making six-plus figures to make a forward thinking hire?

Ron Wellman is straight up stealing your money, y'all, and he knows that nobody is going to do anything differently.

There's a big difference in "6-plus figures" and "well into the 7 figures".

You undersell the issue at hand.

Getting schooled on the particulars of deferred compensation or whatever during the tail end of the Bzaster has weakened my resolve. Idk who makes what, but it's too much to perform so poorly on the job.

At least Danny is working. Who knows wtf Wellman has been up to...

If the devil is a Wake fan, he has a special little corner office all fixed up for Ron Wellman

Getting schooled on the particulars of deferred compensation or whatever during the tail end of the Bzaster has weakened my resolve. Idk who makes what, but it's too much to perform so poorly on the job.

At least Danny is working. Who knows wtf Wellman has been up to...

Sorry I ninja-deleted my post on you.

The deferred compensation is what threw me off and made me question my own post. I obviously agree with the majority of your points.

Regardless, someone might be able to find the quotes... But I specifically remember Wellman commenting that his future at WF rested on Bz's tenure turning around. (Something to the effect of: "I'll be out the door, as well")

The crusty, dumbass bluehairs (two of whom were in the Windsor room comparing [name redacted] to an unfairly treated Coach K at halftime TODAY) deserve every ounce of misery they receive around this program for keeping RW around.

Eta: I know it doesn't count for a hell of a lot... but I don't necessarily believe Manning was/is a bad hire... Though, I firmly believe that the well around the AD has been poisoned.

Last edited:
[name redacted] inherited 3 years of CJ Harris and 4 years of Travis McKie on which to build. Manning gets 2 years of Devin and a broken CMM.

I'm guessing a starting lineup of Crawford/CJ/McKie/Dinos/Collins with Moore, Wilbekin, and Hudson coming off the bench would win a lot more games than [name redacted] did in his 2nd year.

If [name redacted] laughs these days it's because he pictured the piles of money he got for ruining our program.

Manning is a terrible game coach no matter how many thousands of ways you try to spin otherwise.

rj is that you?!?!?!

Manning was not a bad hire given the circumstances. That is why Wellman is 100% at fault for all of this. He created the circumstances by hiring [Redacted], who was easily the worst coach and worst hire imaginable.

Manning was not a bad hire given the circumstances. That is why Wellman is 100% at fault for all of this. He created the circumstances by hiring [Redacted], who was easily the worst coach and worst hire imaginable.

Manning was a terrible hire under any circumstances. Both were bad hires, so both of them should be charged against Wellman....but as far as preparing a game plan & coaching from the bench during the game, Manning is even worse than Buzz. Buzz' teams looked more organized & motivated on the court than Manning's teams look.

I'll never believe that there weren't better coaches than Manning out there whom we could have gotten for what we are paying Manning. All we got with Manning was a guy with big-time name recognition. He can't coach a lick.

Manning was a terrible hire under any circumstances. Both were bad hires, so both of them should be charged against Wellman....but as far as preparing a game plan & coaching from the bench during the game, Manning is even worse than Buzz. Buzz' teams looked more organized & motivated on the court than Manning's teams look.

I'll never believe that there weren't better coaches than Manning out there whom we could have gotten for what we are paying Manning. All we got with Manning was a guy with big-time name recognition. He can't coach a lick.

I can't disagree with one word of that. Sadly.

Maybe in Bz's last year. First two years, I can't remember ever seeing a more poorly spaced shitshow than what we were running out on offense. 8 and 11 wins wasn't all on the talent.

Probably the number one reason I have faith that Manning will at least turn us into a decent basketball team over the next 2 years is because BKF is so sure that he won't - and justifies it by saying [Redacted] teams were more organized and motivated than Manning's.

Manning's first two years, bad as they may be, are ridiculously successful compared to the utter laughable humiliation that was [Redacted]'s first two years. His first actual recruiting class has 3 potential NBA players in it - [Redacted]'s didn't even feature a useful Wake player.

I didn't really think anyone would wistfully recall the successes of [Redacted] in year 2 of Manning's rebuild of a destroyed program - but it's happening. Jump on the BKF bandwagon for Buzz I guess - it'll just be more fun when we're good again.

Probably the number one reason I have faith that Manning will at least turn us into a decent basketball team over the next 2 years is because BKF is so sure that he won't - and justifies it by saying [Redacted] teams were more organized and motivated than Manning's.

Manning's first two years, bad as they may be, are ridiculously successful compared to the utter laughable humiliation that was [Redacted]'s first two years. His first actual recruiting class has 3 potential NBA players in it - [Redacted]'s didn't even feature a useful Wake player.

I didn't really think anyone would wistfully recall the successes of [Redacted] in year 2 of Manning's rebuild of a destroyed program - but it's happening. Jump on the BKF bandwagon for Buzz I guess - it'll just be more fun when we're good again.

Bz was given an unimaginable series of cupcakes that he proceeded to choke on and vomit all over his wardrobe.

Manning's ACC record is unacceptable, for sure. But anybody making the argument that he's near the ineptitude of his predecessor in his first two years is off their rocker.

I guarantee less than a handful of posters on this board knew that Stetson was anything other than a hat before Bzdelick's team utterly shit the bed against them. Motivated my ass.

Back