• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Somewhere [Redacted] is laughing

Bz had a team that was almost exclusively freshman, if we go 2-16 or 3-15, this will be the worst coaching job of the last 6 years.

Buzz is a better game coach than Manning.

Manning is a disaster as is our program.

It's hilarious to me to see this being posted by multiple people because any person who suggested Bz was a better in-game coach than anyone in college basketball in 2014 would have been mocked mercilessly

It's hilarious to me to see this being posted by multiple people because any person who suggested Bz was a better in-game coach than anyone in college basketball in 2014 would have been mocked mercilessly

Well, that was before we were heading to a 2-16/3-15 season with two returning seniors who averaged double figures.

Have you seen the lineups Manning uses? How about the timely use of timeouts? How about the second half adjustments? How about letting your one shot blocker play only 2-4 minutes per game on a team starving for defense? What else do you need? I can't say for sure that BZ was better or worse as I have tried to burn those years from my memory, but it would have been really hard to be a worse "in game" coach.

The manning honeymoon is s definitely over.

Anyone giving any money to any group run by Wellman and/or Hatch is an idiot. The two of them are working overtime to make Wake worse than it was used to be while charging more for the experience.

Sorry I ninja-deleted my post on you.

The deferred compensation is what threw me off and made me question my own post. I obviously agree with the majority of your points.

Regardless, someone might be able to find the quotes... But I specifically remember Wellman commenting that his future at WF rested on Bz's tenure turning around. (Something to the effect of: "I'll be out the door, as well")

The crusty, dumbass bluehairs (two of whom were in the Windsor room comparing [name redacted] to an unfairly treated Coach K at halftime TODAY) deserve every ounce of misery they receive around this program for keeping RW around.

Eta: I know it doesn't count for a hell of a lot... but I don't necessarily believe Manning was/is a bad hire... Though, I firmly believe that the well around the AD has been poisoned.

The three emotions i experienced in order when I read the bold were: Surprise, shock, horror, sadness, laughter.

Looks like we are going to have to re-visit that familiar question from the [Redacted] regime: Are we at rock-bottom?

Have you seen the lineups Manning uses? How about the timely use of timeouts? How about the second half adjustments? How about letting your one shot blocker play only 2-4 minutes per game on a team starving for defense? What else do you need? I can't say for sure that BZ was better or worse as I have tried to burn those years from my memory, but it would have been really hard to be a worse "in game" coach.

I don't disagree. My point was that it indicates how delusional some people on here are in opinions that they are so sure of

I wasn't aware of Bozo having the capability of laughter due to his rumored battle with Aspergers syndrome.

Well, you guys ran Bz out of town and are getting 1-10 with a team that is way more talented than any that he ever put on the floor.

But nobody is calling for Manning to be fired after year 2 like you called for Bz because of why exactly? Because you like him more as a person?

Note: I'm not defending Bz. He was not a good coach for us. But the hypocrisy concerning how he was treated and how Manning is treated is ridiculous
Bz inherited a pretty talented team, ran most of them off, and had probably the worst 2 years in ACC history.....not to mention the horrid rebounding to teams shorter than us. The dude was awful compared to Manning. I think a lot of the coaching issues is that he's focused on building a team first...just my 0.02.

And if you don't remember the Bz days...

Bz's first 2 years....lots and lots of bad losses.

http://realtimerpi.com/2010-2011/rpi_130_Men.html

http://realtimerpi.com/2011-2012/rpi_130_Men.html

Bz had a team that was almost exclusively freshman, if we go 2-16 or 3-15, this will be the worst coaching job of the last 6 years.

I agree that there is no reason we shouldn't be better this year than last year. But our non-conference performance was easily the best in six years.

[Redacted] was a career loser. He had nothing that lent itself to suggest he could be successful at Wake. He was essentially DOA, barring an amazing performance in year one. People didn't turn on him due to likeability or anything like that. He was simply a tremendously bad hire out of the gate.

Bz inherited a pretty talented team, ran most of them off, and had probably the worst 2 years in ACC history.....not to mention the horrid rebounding to teams shorter than us. The dude was awful compared to Manning. I think a lot of the coaching issues is that he's focused on building a team first...just my 0.02.

And if you don't remember the Bz days...

Bz's first 2 years....lots and lots of bad losses.

http://realtimerpi.com/2010-2011/rpi_130_Men.html

http://realtimerpi.com/2011-2012/rpi_130_Men.html

Please list the players that Buzz "ran off". I want to check the police reports and see where they are now.

(And speaking of players who left with Buzz, we could probably use Tyler Cavanaugh & Arnaud Adala Moto right now.)

Last edited:
5? Name 'em.

Gee, with 6 ACC-level players (nearly a full rotation), you'd think we'd be better than 1-10 (soon to be 1-13)!

The 3 freshmen, Greek and Crab. I didn't say All-ACC level. I mean talented enough to play meaningful minutes in the ACC. The problem is 3 are freshmen, 2 can't get in the game, the Greek and Crab have regressed this year, they are poorly coached and we have no shooters at the 2 and 3 postions.

I hate to agree with BKF, but if you're going to say Bz ran players off then you have to say Manning ran off Cav and Bill Moto

Remember when BKF was a huge [Redacted] defender?

He still is.

Have you seen all teh missed free throws adn ridiculous assinine turnovers in every game? Minimize those and we have at least 4 or 5 more wins and everyone is talking about teh great job and the progress the program has made. Last I checked, Manning can't shoot free throws and he can't dribble the ball up the court. But keep your blinders on please.

Back