• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Somewhere [Redacted] is laughing

You think DT is going to say his coach and most of his teammates suck?

Have the balls to sit CMM.
That's certainly one thing to do, if that's really the problem. I think it's a bit tricky though because it was essentially his team last year and he played much better in the past. Manning probably wants to coach him back up....and he can't waffle back and forth between CMM and Crawford as floor leader. The injury and timing of his return was unfortunate.

"His team" sucked last year and Crawford is better.

Players always say " we didn't play hard ". They aren't going to say" we don't have any outside shooters and coach plays crazy lineups".

That's certainly one thing to do, if that's really the problem. I think it's a bit tricky though because it was essentially his team last year and he played much better in the past. Manning probably wants to coach him back up....and he can't waffle back and forth between CMM and Crawford as floor leader. The injury and timing of his return was unfortunate.
Agree. But we have lost 10 straight. Make a change.

LOL...I'm not sure I agree with calling Devin Thomas's comments a "crock of shit" since the dude probably has more insight into team issues than you do.
Devin thinking we were a top 15 team in the country earlier in the season was certainly insightful.

You think DT is going to say his coach and most of his teammates suck?
Well he said all the players sucked for not listening to the coach didn't he? I think he's being honest about the situation. When he says they bought into coaching when they were doing well then I think that's what happened.

Splitting hairs? We got severely outplayed and "blown out" by Stetson. And it didn't just happen once, it was 4 times and we squeaked by others....with what should have been a pretty decent team. Those 2 years were statistically some of the worst in ACC history...we finished 271st and 217th in KenPom!!!! Epic FAIL. It's comical to pretend we're that bad now.

At the beginning of the season, we weren't that bad. Now, as in February, we might be

Devin thinking we were a top 15 team in the country earlier in the season was certainly insightful.
It told me he had a lot of confidence in his teammates and coaching. I don't think that's a bad thing.

We're in year 6 of absolutely shit show basketball based on the 15 years before that and it will continue into year 7 and likely year 8. Buzz or Manning...who is the worst of the 2...thats what we as Wake fans argue about now. To quote Hillary Clinton "what difference does it make"...the measure of Wake basketball once was where will we be seeded and how does our bracket lay out. To discuss anything different is what fans of schools who never make the tournament do. Its absolutely amazing to me how far our program has fallen and that our administration, most fans and alums just don't give a shit anymore.

But hey carry on with the Bizz/Manning comparisons...great reading!

So why was Dino given an extension 6 months before he was fired?

Made no sense to me. He should never have been given the job on a permanent basis originally in the first place. Should have been temporary due to the circumstances, to be reviewed at a later date.

How does that loss compare with Manning's loss to Delaware State last year? I couldn't find the comparable 2010-11 rating for Stetson, but Delaware State ended last year rated #282 by Jeff Sagarin.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2015/team/

Stetson may have been worse....but both are in the "never should happen" territory.

The Delaware State loss broke me from Danny Manning his first year. When Bzz lost to Stetson I was done with him too. If we had lost to a team that went on to win their conference or be competitive than I might have come back on board, but Stetson fired their coach halfway through the season and Delaware State finished with a BPI of 252.

There are 2 ACC level players on this team right now. Crawford & DT. The CMM return screwed the chemistry & he's a shell of his former self, but he never could shoot anyway. Game after game, I see this team get consistent good looks in the half court, but can't knock them down & NEVER knock down any timely shots. In the 2nd half during the FSU takeover there were several times where their open shooter made a shot & ours didn't. Add our multitude of unforced turnovers & horrendous ft shooting & there you have it. I'm in the talent gap camp, not poor coaching. At least not yet. Got to hit a home run or 2 on recruiting.

There is not a single ACC team we have played (maybe Vtech but I'm on fence) where I would not have straight up traded all of their players for ours. The in-game coaching stuff is overblown---Manning will be successful if he can infuse talent that at least puts us on par with the teams we play day in and day out in the ACC. If he can't, his teams will suck. Bzd sucked because he couldn't get anybody to play for him. I believe Manning is now faced with a critical situation. The Giles recruitment set back the 2016 class. I'm purely speculating but I think Manning tried to put together an elite class built around Giles and whiffed. Now, we don't have any roster spots available for 2017 and no on-court momentum. My opinion of him as a coach will be whether he can somehow turnover the roster and bring in more talent---Postgrad/Euro/etc in 2016 and Top 100s for 2017. If not, there is just no way way can compete in this league.

This, except I'd trade for VT too.

No doubt talent is a problem, but there is no way the staff is off the hook given the complete meltdowns we are seeing late in the games. The second half of the Cuse game was the turning point for me. We were in total disarray and looked like a YMCA pickup team. Hasn't been quite that bad since, but it also hasn't gotten a whole lot better, which it needs to.

There are 2 ACC level players on this team right now. Crawford & DT. The CMM return screwed the chemistry & he's a shell of his former self, but he never could shoot anyway. Game after game, I see this team get consistent good looks in the half court, but can't knock them down & NEVER knock down any timely shots. In the 2nd half during the FSU takeover there were several times where their open shooter made a shot & ours didn't. Add our multitude of unforced turnovers & horrendous ft shooting & there you have it. I'm in the talent gap camp, not poor coaching. At least not yet. Got to hit a home run or 2 on recruiting.

Agree with most of this . But DM just doesn't appear to be very sharp or passionate. The UVA debacle could have been avoided with a minimum of coaching acumen.

No doubt talent is a problem, but there is no way the staff is off the hook given the complete meltdowns we are seeing late in the games. The second half of the Cuse game was the turning point for me. We were in total disarray and looked like a YMCA pickup team. Hasn't been quite that bad since, but it also hasn't gotten a whole lot better, which it needs to.

I hope no one is giving them a pass.
Up 15 vs Xavier, lose by 8
Tied vs Miami to lose by 14
Tied late vs Louisville to lose by 8
Tied vs Fsu to lose by 20
Up 8 vs Clemson to get handled
Uva meltdown

Gotta love an arguement over whether Manning is better than BZ. Who gives a fuck? What we need is a coach who is better than Prosser. Being better than [Redacted] is the lowest possible bar we could set and the fact that two years later we are still anywhere near that bar is pathetic.

Back