• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Somewhere [Redacted] is laughing

I hate to agree with BKF, but if you're going to say Bz ran players off then you have to say Manning ran off Cav and Bill Moto
Sure....and some turnover always happens, but the list of players that left or failed under Bz is long. As for that Stetson game, we didn't just lose to them, we lost by 10 and were out rebounded by 11. Their tallest starter was 6'8" and everyone else was under 6'5". That was the shock IMO.

Have you seen all teh missed free throws adn ridiculous assinine turnovers in every game? Minimize those and we have at least 4 or 5 more wins and everyone is talking about teh great job and the progress the program has made. Last I checked, Manning can't shoot free throws and he can't dribble the ball up the court. But keep your blinders on please.
So when the team continues to make dumb low probability passes 23 games into the season, that isn't a reflection on coaching?

Have you seen all teh missed free throws adn ridiculous assinine turnovers in every game? Minimize those and we have at least 4 or 5 more wins and everyone is talking about teh great job and the progress the program has made. Last I checked, Manning can't shoot free throws and he can't dribble the ball up the court. But keep your blinders on please.

Lol. With that argument, a coach isn't responsible for much of anything. A coach can't make a kid's decision where to go to school. A coach can't make a basket. Hell, a coach can't even make a kid get off the bench and step into the court.

Sure....and some turnover always happens, but the list of players that left or failed under Bz is long. As for that Stetson game, we didn't just lose to them, we lost by 10 and were out rebounded by 11. Their tallest starter was 6'8" and everyone else was under 6'5". That was the shock IMO.

That's the 2nd time you've made claim. I asked for a player list for reference. I'll ask again...with a qualifier. Who are the players who left the program after Buzz got here that were not involved in off-the-court problems?

So when the team continues to make dumb low probability passes 23 games into the season, that isn't a reflection on coaching?
Did you read the quotes by DT after the game when asked about the situation? He points directly to effort and energy. Earlier in the year they bought into the coaching and did well. Now they don't care and Manning has to coach effort and energy. I guess something happened when CMM came back into the picture...screwed up team chemistry. Tough losses like that UVa game with the banked in lucky 3 probably don't help.

That's the 2nd time you've made claim. I asked for a player list for reference. I'll ask again...with a qualifier. Who are the players who left the program after Buzz got here that were not involved in off-the-court problems?
I don't care enough to rehash the obvious...just to watch you make excuses for it. The same thing happened at Colorado. Wellman wanted a WASP coach and we got the WASPiest coach he could find.

Did you read the quotes by DT after the game when asked about the situation? He points directly to effort and energy. Earlier in the year they bought into the coaching and did well. Now they don't care and Manning has to coach effort and energy. I guess something happened when CMM came back into the picture...screwed up team chemistry. Tough losses like that UVa game with the banked in lucky 3 probably don't help.
Isn't that at least partially a reflection on the coach?

I don't care enough to rehash the obvious...just to watch you make excuses for it. The same thing happened at Colorado. Wellman wanted a WASP coach and we got the WASPiest coach he could find.

LOL. If it is so obvious, why can't you even name one player out of a "long list"?

I will ask a 3rd time. Which players did Buzz run off who did not have any off-the-court problems?

We're splitting hairs if we're trying to derive some kind of meaningful distinction between the two coaches based on statistical differences in the losses to Stetson and Delaware State

Isn't that at least partially a reflection on the coach?
Sure....but it's an aspect that is probably hard to control, especially when it's not one of "his" players. Crawford was the team leader when we were successful. CMM became the floor leader when the losing started and apparently the players tuned out. Is he supposed to sit CMM? That's a tough one. The good thing is...if that's what happened, then we should be much improved next year without that distraction. Could be another Rutland/Braswell situation.

LOL. If it is so obvious, why can't you even name one player out of a "long list"?

I will ask a 3rd time. Which players did Buzz run off who did not have any off-the-court problems?

Odd that the off court problems happened while [Redacted] was coach.

Did you read the quotes by DT after the game when asked about the situation? He points directly to effort and energy. Earlier in the year they bought into the coaching and did well. Now they don't care and Manning has to coach effort and energy. I guess something happened when CMM came back into the picture...screwed up team chemistry. .

The return of CMM most definitely screwed things up. Early on, we worked the ball around quite a bit---playing primarily through DT. He was noticeably passing out of double teams etc and we would either get a decent shot---or at least make them work on defense. Not so much now.

We're splitting hairs if we're trying to derive some kind of meaningful distinction between the two coaches based on statistical differences in the losses to Stetson and Delaware State
Splitting hairs? We got severely outplayed and "blown out" by Stetson. And it didn't just happen once, it was 4 times and we squeaked by others....with what should have been a pretty decent team. Those 2 years were statistically some of the worst in ACC history...we finished 271st and 217th in KenPom!!!! Epic FAIL. It's comical to pretend we're that bad now.

I've been reading about lack of effort and energy for 6 years. That's a crock of shit. It's a lack of talent and coaching.

The return of CMM most definitely screwed things up. Early on, we worked the ball around quite a bit---playing primarily through DT. He was noticeably passing out of double teams etc and we would either get a decent shot---or at least make them work on defense. Not so much now.
This

Those were Dino recruits. A problem that Buzz inherited. Part of the reason he was hired was to clean out the swamp that Dino left.

So why was Dino given an extension 6 months before he was fired?

Sure....but it's an aspect that is probably hard to control, especially when it's not one of "his" players. Crawford was the team leader when we were successful. CMM became the floor leader when the losing started and apparently the players tuned out. Is he supposed to sit CMM? That's a tough one. The good thing is...if that's what happened, then we should be much improved next year without that distraction. Could be another Rutland/Braswell situation.
Have the balls to sit CMM.

I've been reading about lack of effort and energy for 6 years. That's a crock of shit. It's a lack of talent and coaching.
LOL...I'm not sure I agree with calling Devin Thomas's comments a "crock of shit" since the dude probably has more insight into team issues than you do.

Back