• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden is “an elderly man with poor memory”

One party’s most vocal proponents are absorbed in a cult of personality with a twice impeached, soon to be convicted felon and/or shouting about the “Biden Crime Syndicate” while going on about “cackling” Kamala. The other is like maybe we shouldn’t ban books from schools.

Devin Archer, a business associate of Hunter’s comes in Monday to testify, “share the truth and be a hero”. Blow the whistle on the Biden crime family for good.
Sounds like it was another nothingburger. Huge surprise.

Devin Archer, a business associate of Hunter’s comes in Monday to testify, “share the truth and be a hero”. Blow the whistle on the Biden crime family for good.
Statements like "be a hero" certainly should call his motivation into question.

That is a great explanation on objectivity and is a great response for a classroom discussion. If you can honestly say that there isn't vast amounts of factual resources that supports the idea that both parties have had problems with corruption then me listing those will do no good for you. You will simply handpick the ones that you find flaws in the source or the process for which the information was gathered. There is a fine line between there always being flaws in the resources and someone always looking to find flaws in the resources. I would be foolish to spend time gathering information for you when you have zero capacity to open your mind to the idea of fallibility from the left. I am not asking anyone to agree with my philosophy on the political parties or to change your core beliefs. I am simply wondering if anyone is willing to say "The party I support is the better option and had less subversion over the years, but both have had their share of corruption". And be willing to actually acknowledge that occasionally in your reaction to news stories and posts.

I asked this guy to post an objective list of corruption to make his point and his response was that I’d just handpick or find flaws in the source. Weird that he doesn’t think public testimony under oath or indictments or convictions are reasonable measures.

I hope he realizes how pathetic that is. He knows in his heart he’s wrong but he’s clinging to his predetermined “objective” conclusion.

Why invite this dude to testify if he's not going to give you any red meat?

The fact that there was a witness drives the narrative, not the substance of what was said. This is a court of public opinion play, not an actual investigation.
Right. "Hillary's emails," "Hunter's laptop," "Devin Archer." They just need a meme to further a narrative regardless of any substance.

I asked this guy to post an objective list of corruption to make his point and his response was that I’d just handpick or find flaws in the source. Weird that he doesn’t think public testimony under oath or indictments or convictions are reasonable measures.

I hope he realizes how pathetic that is. He knows in his heart he’s wrong but he’s clinging to his predetermined “objective” conclusion.
I 100% agree that their is public testimony under oath and indictments and convictions that are reasonable measures that prove corruption in the Republican party. However, I work full time and am just an occasional poster who doesn't enjoy searching articles, testimonies, and convictions proving corruption exists on both sides when it will be deemed useless info by most. I don't believe in my heart that I'm wrong and I am willing to see another's point of view on most topics. Many times I read posts that may me think "I never looked at it that way". Sometimes it changes my mind, sometimes it doesn't. Example: The statement was made that Biden and Trump both have family members that have acted in ways to benefit themselves to the detriment of the country. The response was that Trump's family was part of the administration at the time, Biden's was not. I actually see the merit to that response and agree that it inherently makes those actions worse. At the same time, if you want me to believe that Joe had no knowledge or benefit from the Ukraine dealings then I simply don't believe that. Life isn't that black and white.

You assume Biden was involved because you want him to be. It doesn't automatically make sense that he was involved.

How involved are you in your children's business dealings? You're probably not that involved. And you'd probably be even less inclined to be involved if one of your children had a drug problem. Biden has a long history in politics with tax returns to prove it to tell you he's not in it for the money.

I 100% agree that their is public testimony under oath and indictments and convictions that are reasonable measures that prove corruption in the Republican party. However, I work full time and am just an occasional poster who doesn't enjoy searching articles, testimonies, and convictions proving corruption exists on both sides when it will be deemed useless info by most. I don't believe in my heart that I'm wrong and I am willing to see another's point of view on most topics. Many times I read posts that may me think "I never looked at it that way". Sometimes it changes my mind, sometimes it doesn't. Example: The statement was made that Biden and Trump both have family members that have acted in ways to benefit themselves to the detriment of the country. The response was that Trump's family was part of the administration at the time, Biden's was not. I actually see the merit to that response and agree that it inherently makes those actions worse. At the same time, if you want me to believe that Joe had no knowledge or benefit from the Ukraine dealings then I simply don't believe that. Life isn't that black and white.
In your opinion, what about Hunter Biden's business dealings have been detrimental to the country? I mean did he get in bed with some shady characters and profit on his name and proximity to power? Sure

Donald Trump was impeached, twice. He was convicted of sexual assault by a jury. A grand jury indicted him on 40 felony counts for stealing confidential documents and then obstructing the investigation. His campaign manager (Manafort) was convicted of conspiracy charges. His advisor, Roger Stone, was convicted of obstruction of justice. I could keep going on the charges and convictions, including that it appears Trump will be indicted very soon for trying to overturn the 2020 election.

Joe Biden's son suffers from drug addiction and didn't pay his taxes. The situations are not comparable.

Back