• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

I didn't notice, but if it's there I wonder if it's an homage to Luke calling Leia "Carrie!" at the end of the New Hope after returning from destroying the Death Star.

lol, did this happen? That's hilarious.

Wow.

Last edited:
anyone who tries to claim they prefer yub nub over victory celebration (which is one of the better things john williams has ever written) just isn't able to think with objectivity.

Holy fucking shit, what horrific accident happened to damage your brain so profoundly?

Here's an article defending Rey against some of the absurd criticism out there. It makes an "obvious" point that I don't think anybody here has mentioned with respect to how Rey learned to use the Force.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/please-stop-spreading-this-nonsense-that-rey-from-star-1749134275

(I’d also argue that—SPOILER ALERT!—Kylo Ren teaches Rey a lot about using the Force. Every time she gets better at using it in this film, it’s right after Kylo Ren has tried to use it against her. She sees what he’s doing, and copies it. I thought it was fairly explicit that Kylo Ren is Rey’s “teacher” in this movie.)

Makes sense to me, especially given Ren's inexperience.

Here's an article defending Rey against some of the absurd criticism out there. It makes an "obvious" point that I don't think anybody here has mentioned with respect to how Rey learned to use the Force.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/please-stop-spreading-this-nonsense-that-rey-from-star-1749134275

Makes sense to me, especially given Ren's inexperience.

It fits. Not sure if it's here our elsewhere but I have seen it mentioned his mind probe unlocked something. Must theories can actually work together to provide pieces of the explanation.

Apologies if already posted, but part three of the "What if the Prequels were good?" came out last week. I think these are a great re-write of all the prequels and are fun to imagine as films.

these are excellent

Apparently dialogue in the Disney Infinity Star Wars video game has a major spoiler about how Kylo Ren and Rey are related.

Last edited:
Well thanks for spoiling that they're related...

You're welcome.

This thread clearly has "spoilers" in the title. The movie already clearly set up that they were going to be related. I didn't say how they were related so all of the theories are still in play whether they're cousins, siblings, aunts/uncles, reincarnated dead family members or adopted family. There's no reason a video game spoiler needs to be adhered by the movie directors and writers in the future. You're not going to be able to avoid a spoiler that came out in a video game this month for the next two years anyway.

Last edited:
he didn't say "they are related" he just said the word related, that could literally mean anything. as in "they trained with Luke together"

Back