• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

Are you saying you left for the bathroom in the middle of your first viewing of Star Wars?

It happens. I had to take my daughter out to the restroom and missed when Ren took off his helmet and probed Rey's mind. Didn't have much of a choice since she had been sitting there fidgeting for the past 30 minutes distracting me anyway, insisting that she didn't have to go.

Are you saying you left for the bathroom in the middle of your first viewing of Star Wars?
Yeah. I'd been sitting in the theater for just about seventeen hours at that point, and I figured that that was as good a time as any.

I find your lack of bladder disturbing.

well, glad we cleared that up for everyone.

i am also surprised by the using of the bathroom in the middle of the movie; regardless of being there 17 hours or whatever, why wouldn't you go right before the movie starts knowing that you've never seen this one? poor planning.
going w/ a kid or whatever is more understandable (yet unfortunate).

I'm sure you've already seen this a hundred times on your Internetz today:

CZGi0e8WYAA_sxw.jpg:large

Kylo= sKYwalker + soLO

Rey = R2d2 + skYwalkEr

I've started to see this rumor going around the interwebs. Could be interesting -- she's part Skywalker part astromech droid. Plus, makes for an interesting love story for a spin off.

Luke is a cyborg himself. Perhaps, the metal hand corrupted his jedi DNA and his seed is part organic, part droid.

So is Ex Machina part of the next wave of Star Wars movies ?

Avatar had a ton of 3D sales and was big in China if I remember correctly.

Avatar spent a minimum of 124 days in theaters in the United States (released December 18, by April 21 had sold 75 million tickets in the U.S.) and it is safe to assume had the same length run internationally. This movie has spent 34 days in the theater. While I don't think it will catch Avatar at this point, it is a little early to say for certain that it won't if it gets the same length run.

At the very least, I could see it getting to within a couple hundred million and then Disney re-releasing it in November 2017 as a lead-up to the release of Episode VIII. Considering how ticket sales went in October/November for this movie and assuming there will be the same excitement for VIII, its easy to see that VII could make another $200-300 million at that time.

A re-release isn't uncommon. Cameron did a re-release of Avatar for 12 weeks and added in some cut scenes/sex scenes.

Last edited:
Sex scenes? Ew.

Back