• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports in general

mako1331

Son of Mako's Mom
Reaction score
Fuck athletic competition. That is all.

Yeah. I'm pretty much out with sports until August. I'll ride with the Spurs but I know the best case scenario is losing to the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals.

Yeah. I'm pretty much out with sports until August. I'll ride with the Spurs but I know the best case scenario is losing to the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals.
Same. Hope Duncan can get the Peyton Manning treatment and win a final championship to retire on.

Otherwise, it's a sports black hole for me til football.

ETA Canes have been playing better, but I'm not about to believe we make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Thanks, Ron (Wellman, not Rivera)

life time Wake
Reds and Dolphins fan.
how sports so suck every year for me.
small consolation. went from a celtic fan to a Spurs fan. ����������

I'm sure there is a wake Denver Broncos fan out there

I know two. One bandwagoned with her Denver boyfriend. The other lived in Denver for years but is a Panther fan first.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttte sports

I'm a panthers fan, wake fan (granted new as I'm a current student), a braves fan, and a hornets fan. Literally no team I cheer for has ever won at anything, as the Braves won the series just barely before I was born. So I'm guessing now I get to wait another twenty years before one of my teams loses another championship that they should have won. Ah sports.....

The closest to winning any of my major teams has ever come was the Panthers in 2004.

I'll never forget Wake soccer 2007. That's literally all I've got.

The Braves are being run as an business, not necessarily to win. They'll win what they can without spending too much. Ted Turner wanted to win. Sad that he sold the team.

I had a personal stretch from 05-07 when the Deacs went to the Orange Bowl, the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup, the Colts won a Super Bowl, the Spurs won an NBA title, and, while their postseasons sucked, the CP3 basketball Deacs were fun and the Braves were in the playoffs. Kind of thought at the time it probably would never get better than that as a sports fan.

There are also probably 10 or less franchises total across all pro and college sports who don't feel like they're owed a championship, so in a way everyone is a little tortured. Of course, as Wake fans we have it the worst because God actually murdered our coach, but whatever.

Tons of cool sports stuff between now and football - NBA Playoffs, Stanley Cup season, all four golf majors along with some other great tournaments (Pebble Beach this week), and MLB.

Meh. I'll watch the NBA playoffs if there are Wake players playing. Definitely will watch a fair amount of baseball. Always enjoy opening weekend of March Madness. Been enough time since Wake was there I don't really worry about it anymore. Plus I don't have to endure the predictable Wake choke job. But nothing will really get me pumped up until opening weekend of college football in the fall.

Thank God for Stephen Curry. That's the only thing keeping me from complete sports despair.

Back