• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Suck

Sports suck....until you WIN. That's why we continue to torture ourselves.

The worst part of it is I feel like a fool for worrying about strength of schedule, margin of victory, rooting against other bubble teams, complaining about NET, etc because it just comes down to winning in late Feb/March which this program has struggled to do since Duncan.

The worst part of it is I feel like a fool for worrying about strength of schedule, margin of victory, rooting against other bubble teams, complaining about NET, etc because it just comes down to winning in late Feb/March which this program has struggled to do since Duncan.

Yes. We were so worried about margin of victory and our Kenpom ranking and just needed to actually beat two bottom feeding ACC teams.

I think my least favorite part was hearing people call all of our games say “I think this is a tournament team” or talk about how great our portal recruiting and talent is, and what a respected coach we have… and yet here we are again

It was all within our grasp this year. I wonder if we had beat GT if we would be considered in? Probably last 4 in at best. I am more resigned than upset at this point.

It was all within our grasp this year. I wonder if we had beat GT if we would be considered in? Probably last 4 in at best. I am more resigned than upset at this point.
I don’t think the GT last second buzzer beater missing would have changed the outcome here.

At least that’s what I will choose to believe for my sanity

I texted a friend that I could finally close out of the KenPom, NET, and BracketMatrix tabs I’ve had open on my phone since December.

Win at (terrible) ND or at VT plus win the home game against (terrible) GT and have the same result in the ACC tourney and we would be in and feel totally differently about the season.

Back