• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Suck

It would be nice if all trolls, bad actors, and Donald Ross could simply post here

The 95 and 96 Tournament losses were still the biggest losses that I've gone through. The 20 point Kentucky loss left with me with a hangover for two days. Been sober ever since.

Duncan should have at least got one of those championships.
That 1996 team was so good, chemistry, coaching, taking care of the ball etc., that we made it to the Final 8 after switching point guards from injured Rutland to LaRue.

At that time, LaRue was clearly a catch and shoot guy off the bench. Incredible athlete to be able to quickly just shift to running point guard in the NCAA tournament.

I’m sure you’ve never called the emergency room the “ER-Room” or the automated-teller machine the “ATM machine”
OK. I was referencing that all three of those items mentioned were the same. It was aimed at DR.

During the bad football season and basketball losses, I thought “at least we have baseball”. This may go down as an all time disappointing year for Wake athletics

1 series loss for baseball & 2 inconsequential mid-week shit shows...

Come on. Y'all are soft.

If state wins tonight then GT, VT, and NC State will all have a recent championship. When’s it going to be our turn!!?

If state wins tonight then GT, VT, and NC State will all have a recent championship. When’s it going to be our turn!!?
Sometimes I think, don't our programs & players ever get that gut feeling that they absolutely hate losing? That they'd do anything to prevent it?

How many players have taunted us this year? How many fans? Don't you just want to shut up the opposition? How many times would it have been nice to prove the refs wrong? It baffles me how that instinct doesn't kick in more often with these massively athletically talented individuals.

I get that the opposition is massively talented too. But at some point you'd assume a Childress-level pride & will to win would become driving factors for people who have been shaped in the crucible of competition since they were at least 8.

Especially for a school like ours, where we went through a decade in the darkness.

Over multiple years, when we lose, I see dejection; rarely anger.

Sometimes I think, don't our programs & players ever get that gut feeling that they absolutely hate losing? That they'd do anything to prevent it?

How many players have taunted us this year? How many fans? Don't you just want to shut up the opposition? How many times would it have been nice to prove the refs wrong? It baffles me how that instinct doesn't kick in more often with these massively athletically talented individuals.

I get that the opposition is massively talented too. But at some point you'd assume a Childress-level pride & will to win would become driving factors for people who have been shaped in the crucible of competition since they were at least 8.

Especially for a school like ours, where we went through a decade in the darkness.

Over multiple years, when we lose, I see dejection; rarely anger.
We never overachieve. Even just slightly. We don’t win games we’re not expected to win.

so wake basketball has lost four of their last six games
wake baseball has lost four of their last five games

yay
😥

Back