• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Suck

I texted a friend that I could finally close out of the KenPom, NET, and BracketMatrix tabs I’ve had open on my phone since December.
I felt these last few weeks there’s no way we’d sneak in if we were on the bubble. We would have to leave no doubt that we deserved it. Didn’t get it done

I posted back in November that we needed 15 ACC wins to firmly be in the tournament either 15-5 or a total of 15 including the tournament. We were 3 short. Hard to complain about that.

I posted back in November that we needed 15 ACC wins to firmly be in the tournament either 15-5 or a total of 15 including the tournament. We were 3 short. Hard to complain about that.

Three short with a shit ton of opportunities to have gotten more. Part of the reason these teams have driven us all so crazy the last three years is that we are a razors edge from getting over the hump and being a perennial tournament team. I have to believe that something eventually is going to nudge us over the edge and we’ll get to that point where we argue about seeding rather than Last Four In/Last Four Out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are some basic bitches. This outcome should be the expected outcome. If you stick with that, then everything is cream cheese.

I am looking forward to seeing this team play in the NIT.

It could get very sucky with realignment, so might as well enjoy the moderate level of suck while it lasts

The worst part of it is I feel like a fool for worrying about strength of schedule, margin of victory, rooting against other bubble teams, complaining about NET, etc because it just comes down to winning in late Feb/March which this program has struggled to do since Duncan.
Completely agree.

As great as Rodney was, and as great as the chemistry (and talent) was 1980-1984, it is sort of like pre-Duncan and post-Duncan for me.

We had a top 10 player in the history of basketball and had such great chemistry in 1996 and the real "nut punch" was Rutland blowing out his knee.

It could get very sucky with realignment, so might as well enjoy the moderate level of suck while it lasts
I actually think it’s going to be a lot more fun. Get into a regional conference with a path to be successful. I don’t give a shit what other schools are doing. I don’t watch the D2 tournament why would I give a shit about the fox and espn media portfolio circle jerk? Cinderella will still be in the have not level. What makes march exciting isn’t going with the big money conferences when they take their ball and go home.

at least you all went to wake
i'm the fucking idiot that is just a "fan"
46 years of getting kicked in the fucking nuts
like it so much i am a deacon club member. i mean holy shit what's wrong with me
It’s because when you are cheering for the underdog and they win, there is no better feeling. Remember when we played in the Belk Bowl and Texas A&M brought their five hundred member band (in TWO airplanes), their $80 million dollar coach, their little dog and everything else, and little wake forest with our undersized quarterback beat them? Best cold winter day of my life!

It’s because when you are cheering for the underdog and they win, there is no better feeling. Remember when we played in the Belk Bowl and Texas A&M brought their five hundred member band (in TWO airplanes), their $80 million dollar coach, their little dog and everything else, and little wake forest with our undersized quarterback beat them? Best cold winter day of my life!
To be fair, jimbo was just hired and didn’t coach that game. I remember laughing at their fans in the concourse because they overpaid for him so much.

You all are acting like being a Wake fan is a choice. Maybe it is for some of you, but for me it is in my blood. I can’t imagine not being a Wake fan, as challenging as it is sometimes. I can’t let my dad down by giving up and finding a team that is easier to follow.!

But that doesn’t mean our players and coaches and administrators are beyond criticism. Lord knows I’ve done that. And been frustrated to no end.

But at the end of the day, end of the tourney,!end of the season, I still bleed old gold and black. And no matter what, if Wake is playing, I will be there or I will be watching.

Completely agree.

As great as Rodney was, and as great as the chemistry (and talent) was 1980-1984, it is sort of like pre-Duncan and post-Duncan for me.

We had a top 10 player in the history of basketball and had such great chemistry in 1996 and the real "nut punch" was Rutland blowing out his knee.
The 95 and 96 Tournament losses were still the biggest losses that I've gone through. The 20 point Kentucky loss left with me with a hangover for two days. Been sober ever since.

Duncan should have at least got one of those championships.

at least you all went to wake
i'm the fucking idiot that is just a "fan"
46 years of getting kicked in the fucking nuts
like it so much i am a deacon club member. i mean holy shit what's wrong with me
Same here. Townie fan since I was a youngin'. Haven't joined the DC yet but was thinking hard about it this year.

Win at (terrible) ND or at VT plus win the home game against (terrible) GT and have the same result in the ACC tourney and we would be in and feel totally differently about the season.
State too. Those were the 4 incredibly infuriating games.

The 95 and 96 Tournament losses were still the biggest losses that I've gone through. The 20 point Kentucky loss left with me with a hangover for two days. Been sober ever since.

Duncan should have at least got one of those championships.

The 1995 team losing to OK St. is one that still haunts me. If Childress hadn’t gotten the flu, we would have cruised to the Final Four. And UNC making it that same year was sickening.

Back