• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football Practice

Strattocaster

Reaction score
Have seen a couples of articles like this one about spring practice and it looks like Clawson is changing with the times. There is competition at every position and all players are getting reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have seen a couples of articles like this one about spring practice and it looks like Clawson is changing with the times. There is competition at every position and all players are getting reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an interesting concept. Maybe he learned that anointing kings in April wasn't such a great idea.

Wake Forest's Pro Day is set for tomorrow -- March 27.

What an interesting concept. Maybe he learned that anointing kings in April wasn't such a great idea.
Many coaches say that even when it isn't true. But I do believe there are far more open competitions for starting positions at Wake than in many past years.

So much for the assumption that coaches make informed decisions based on practice reps. Only 6 reps for freshmen?

So much for the assumption that coaches make informed decisions based on practice reps. Only 6 reps for freshmen?
In previous years freshman = redshirt and that was about all the evaluation that was done.

Hopefully, more practice time for the players will result in the team winning more than 1 ACC football game next season.

Should spend as much time as possible developing a 2-deep on the offensive and defensive lines.

If we get beat there, we are toast.

As well as cornerback. If they can't get it done, we are getting beat.

Love Sam. FWIW, ND's pro day was last week, and Sam participated.

Kern is out for a couple weeks due to an injury on his throwing hand on Tuesday.
Clawson has said that Kern may not play in the Spring Game, but he will be full go for the Summer, and in position to compete for the starting job in August camp.

Hard to get excited about Spring ball. I haven't recovered from the smoke blowing coaches and sunshine brigade reporters of last year. What's changed that?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Back