• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football Practice

Hard to get excited about Spring ball. I haven't recovered from the smoke blowing coaches and sunshine brigade reporters of last year. What's changed that?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I won’t believe any report that comes out at all. Hell, I won’t even care what happens in the Spring Game. Anyone that looks good may just transfer.

Hard to get excited about Spring ball. I haven't recovered from the smoke blowing coaches and sunshine brigade reporters of last year. What's changed that?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
This year we are aware of what we are getting and have realistic expectations for the season.

How good was it reported Mitch looked last spring?

Griffis performed the best (by a wide margin) compared to the other QB's but keep in mind it was largely against Wake's first team defense.

Spring ball and Fall camp wasn't the issue. The issue was Griffis crapped his pants during games when the lights came on.

Not sure if I need to defend yesterday's story on Bachmeier or not, if unnecessary just let me know ...

But the story spends next to zero time talking about any practice performance. It's just "Wake's new QB is adjusting; his main competition is out for the spring; hey look there's a bee flying around."

I understand the skepticism of practice reports, which is why I'm just writing human interest-type features out there for the next couple of weeks. I think the most significant "note" that I made yesterday was that WF has a big defensive lineman named Justin Cody. I'd never heard of him, didn't remember him being a portal addition, figured they held a tryout and found an econ major who's been spending 8 hours in the gym every day. Turns out, sixth-year DL Justin Williams changed his last name.

According to whom? Did you see this first-hand or have this information provided to you like the rest of us?

Not all of us are former CFO's with the time and flexibility to attend every practice.

But as you asked, it was from a source who has been more right than wrong wrt Wake football evals over the years

Not all of us are former CFO's with the time and flexibility to attend every practice.

But as you asked, it was from a source who has been more right than wrong wrt Wake football evals over the years

I don't know what in the hell my former job title has to do with assessing a QB and Clawson does not allow the public at his practices.

All of this hoopla was from "experts" and "journalists" and we all took it hook, line and sinker.

Just keep in mind the same people who made those decisions in 2023 are still making them in 2024. That's my concern.

My last post on this topic. I'm fine with blowing sunshine up everyone's ass. Yes. Let's do that!

Not sure how anyone could think that sunshine is being blown up anyone's ass about 2024 WF Football. Everything is overwhelming negative, and even tepid evals about the 2024 team are being called out as being wrong. It's to the point that those that cover the team don't even bother giving a single positive nugget about the team because they will be immediately doubted.

There’s nothing wrong with saying this coaching staff has to earn back the fanbase’s trust with regard to how they evaluate internally and what they say externally. But I think they’ll do it.

My last post on this topic. I'm fine with blowing sunshine up everyone's ass. Yes. Let's do that!

Still trying to reconcile how people close to the program or who actually watched practice concluding Griffis was the best QB in spring and fall camp = Blowing sunshine up everyone's ass

It's almost like performing in practice/camp yet being horrible in live game action are not mutually exclusive events.

Not sure if I need to defend yesterday's story on Bachmeier or not, if unnecessary just let me know ...

But the story spends next to zero time talking about any practice performance. It's just "Wake's new QB is adjusting; his main competition is out for the spring; hey look there's a bee flying around."

I understand the skepticism of practice reports, which is why I'm just writing human interest-type features out there for the next couple of weeks. I think the most significant "note" that I made yesterday was that WF has a big defensive lineman named Justin Cody. I'd never heard of him, didn't remember him being a portal addition, figured they held a tryout and found an econ major who's been spending 8 hours in the gym every day. Turns out, sixth-year DL Justin Williams changed his last name.
You’re not the one we don’t trust! In fact, you (and Essex) are now the only two that we do trust. And, yes, we trust you way more than the staff too.

If I had told you last spring that Santino Marucci would have the most conference wins during the 2023 season, you would have said I was nuts and who is Santino Marucci? Instead, we were told that there looked to be little drop off from Hartman to Griffis.

I'm glad the younger guys are getting more reps, we know what we have with most of the returners at this point. Lets get out spring with no more injuries and prepare to take our lumps in the fall.

Anyone know where Marucci ended up?

Back