• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Duke Energy has told parts of HP they service that it won't be until Wednesday until power is restored.

I'm with city power and we were told by tomorrow night.

Gso is effed. No power in lots of hoods. Drove around for 1 hour and never saw one power truck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hmm. I only had an issue down on wendover. Lots of GSO friends got power back, we never lost it and all my new garden, battleground shopping today was fine. :noidea:

About half Guilford lost power. The older hoods with overhead lines and old trees are in rough shape. One of my neighbors garage was destroyed. No power here and no sign of Duke power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Was on I-95 to Fl. earlier today. Passed a northbound convoy of electrical trucks approx. 30. Obviously heading toward NC...

Duke has crews coming in from Florida and the Midwest. It sucks so many still dont have power, by its understandable if you were out there in the middle of the mess. Ice wreaks havoc on power lines, and it takes time to put them back up, even with nearly 40k boots on the ground.

Duke has crews coming in from Florida and the Midwest. It sucks so many still dont have power, by its understandable if you were out there in the middle of the mess. Ice wreaks havoc on power lines, and it takes time to put them back up, even with nearly 40k boots on the ground.

The crews should stick around to clean up the coal ash while they're here.

Got power back about 11:30 last night. Now, to finish with the tree and clean out the fridge.

Got power back last night. I'm afraid to open the fridge.

Weather channel app says possible snow on CLT on mar 18.

Power came back at 330 yesterday, but have been too busy to get on line. Pitched the dairy from the fridge, luckily the freezer held. The child actually llistned and never opened it. She went with the neighbors to Great Wolf lodge ( nice babysitting gig for her) while my wife stayed at a friends house. Doggies and me rode out the night...it was 46 degrees in our living room.

Had a great neighborhood cleanup party and I now am the proud owner of a new Poulan chain saw. Home Depot on Wendover thankfully had a few left early yesterday.

I hope everyone gets back the power.

We got power back at 400 today. Crew from South Carolina put our hood back together. The finishing touch was "the stick". They worked all day and then were standing around so we asked what was up. They said they were waiting for "the stick". Ok. 20 minutes later a truck pulls up mad they get a fiberglass rod as think as you arm and 4 feet long out of the back. I'm like wtf is that. Turns out to be a 30 foot extendible pole that they used to switch out a giant fuse at the top of the pole beside our house, shazaam, lights on. So happy to be able to take a whiz without a headlamp.

Got power back about 11:30 last night. Now, to finish with the tree and clean out the fridge.

I'm one of the lucky ones in HP still without power. In fact, the crews haven't even started repairing the two utility poles on my little street that were completely taken out by giant trees. We're hearing it could be Thursday until we have power restored. This straight up sucks.

Back