• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

If W-S lets out at 12:40 people are going to be driving right in the middle of the snow starting. That doesn't seem wise.

At this point, I just find it hard to believe that WSFCS will have school at all tomorrow especially after ATL.

Yeah, I'm not too excited about it. I imagine I will have a lot of students signed out early.

Also, Pax is the worst name for a winter storm.

At this point, I just find it hard to believe that WSFCS will have school at all tomorrow especially after ATL.

I agree. I know they want to get a day in and the storm will likely not hit until later in the morning, but they can't let people out early enough to avoid the snow and still get enough of a day in to count.

I predict WSFCS and all surrounding areas will either end up canceling completely tomorrow, or come under very heavy criticism (and rightfully so IMO) from parents and media about the decision to let people out right when the snow starts.

I feel like I'm going to drive to work tomorrow just in time to spend an hour or so there and turn back around.

We've been given a schedule for 3 hr early release tomorrow just in case. That puts us getting out at 12:40 in WS.

That seems really irresponsible. There's always a chance they'll change their minds in the morning? Like if the snow is supposed to start at 9am or 10am, why even bother making people go in the first place.

Euro gives W-S 1.4" liquid QPF. That's a solid foot of snow.

WXSouth says that's underdone.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/WxSouth/status/433312302381547521[/twitter]

That seems really irresponsible. There's always a chance they'll change their minds in the morning? Like if the snow is supposed to start at 9am or 10am, why even bother making people go in the first place.
Just to clarify, no decision has been made. Teachers have just been told the possible schedule so we can plan. I really anticipate them canceling all together. 12:40 gets the kids out of the building but not home. Even if it hits at 1, that isn't enough time.

http://www.cnn.com/

"Historic, crippling, catastrophic ice"

rise-up-atlanta.jpg

As mentioned above, even the weather channel has jumped on the 6”-12” bandwagon. Wonder what they learned in the last six hours that put them over the 1-2” they went out on a limb for??

WAY TO DREW!!!!!

I know it's wrong but I laughed when I read that forecast for the ATL thinking about all the epic YT vids that are gonna result from it. But it'll legit be a nightmare.

As mentioned above, even the weather channel has jumped on the 6”-12” bandwagon. Wonder what they learned in the last six hours that put them over the 1-2” they went out on a limb for??

WAY TO DREW!!!!!

Just got closer to the storm getting here and all the models still agreed so they were like well then, let's do it.

WxSouth makes a bold prediction
Michael Kruk ‏@stormcoolio 1h

@WxSouth take the Euro and run. Solid model with a very consistent forecast!
WXSOUTH ‏@WxSouth 1h

@stormcoolio Havent seen it yet. But compare vapor and water content now. All are too dry. 2" qpf ATL, GSP, CLT RDU zones 1.5 AVL
Michael Kruk ‏@stormcoolio 14m

@WxSouth wow thanks man! Very robust call but I like it! Agree water vapor doesn’t match NAM or GFS.

NAM with ratios mixed in. This isn't really that pertinent to the NC area since it's moving into more radar looking now, but it's helpful for the mid-atlantic to New England. This is also a bit of an outlier right now in that it has higher amounts for coastal areas but it's been relatively consistent over the past couple of runs:

index.php

Back