• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Should definitely be done snowing by happy hour time tomorrow.

Eastern Alamance will almost certainly have some sleet/freezing rain mixing in. Probably up to a quarter inch I would guess? Maybe more. It's really hard to say on ice totals. Everyone will get some sort of precipitation for the next 12-20 hours.

ETA: Also there's a chance that over the next couple hours the snow slows down for a bit. That's not the end of the storm, so when it happens people shouldn't freak out and go driving thinking it's all good to go. There will be some heavy bands of snow overnight.

Bump from 5:45

Ok, Numbers. Have loved your info throughout but the strength of this warm nose has me worried. It is seriously sleeting right now - not good for totals (here in the 27106). About 8pm . . . what are you thinking about when snow will begin again and, roughly, when will it end tomorrow (9am, noon?).

Bump from 5:45

I think it's going to be going in and out of snow/wintry mix for the next few hours. It should be snowing until at least Noon tomorrow. I would guess it ends sometime around 3...maybe as last as 5?

Boo, I'm not liking our chances of getting back to heavy snow again.. but that's just my pessimism.

So Wtf is this bullshit sleet? Someone in the know, % of actual total accumulation. Not positive, but it looks like 6 out there now. Purely by the dick not even close to hitting the ground.

I'm disappointed so far that we didn't get any of the heavy, wet snow. I like the fluffy stuff and not so much this fine snow the last couple of storms.

Sleet sux dix, Snowpom King God, Why have you forsaken me?!

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I mother fucking hate sleet. I just know we are going to lose power overnight and wake up freezing our asses off.

Tomorrow, when the deformation band sets up it will be crazy. Question is where it will be Models have it anywhere from the foothills to the triangle. Whomever is under it could see 2, 4, even 8" of snow.

Yeah Atlanta is pretty much over, there may be a few showers that come through but no major snow. The deformation band that formed behind the low pressure is dropping some serious snow rates on Alabama, like 6in an hour bands through Birmingham. Just saw they closed the airport and had to divert two flights because of the suddenness. It looks like that same band will swing up through north GA and hammer NC sometime tomorrow morning as the storm pulls up the coast.

Back