• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

We are at hour 5 of consistent sleet. My daughter just ran into our room - it woke her up. Impressive stuff.

I worry this thing is going to race up the coast at this point. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the sun was shining bright ~9-10am. Oh well - disappointing if I'm right but still good fun. A lot of beer, wine, stew and fresh bread tonight w/ work off tomorrow - can't beat that.

It will still be snowing tomorrow.

I don't even know what an "HRRR" is BUT if this map/forecast proves accurate, W-S has a lot more dancing to do:

"Agree with Robert, it's becoming obvious heaviest snowfall of the storm will come around late morning to mid day tomorrow. HRRR coming in range, it's impressive."
PEZbkxa.png

It's been steadily sleeting nearly 6 hours now. I've already accepted the fact that the power is going to go out for an extended period of time, glad I was able to hit up walmart for some candles and batteries yesterday. Wish I could have found some rock-salt though.

Although I haven't posted much on this thread (if at all?) I am a bit of a weather geek. I am just outside (west) of DC and according to the late models we are going to get killed. Just starting at my house and we are already +2" and it is pouring. Getting +2" an hour is not our of the question tonight. It is looking more and more like anything west of 95 is going to be all snow. Would not be shocked to see DC get +10"...west of the Beltway +12" and Western Farifax +16"...Loudoun and parts west forget about it.

sooo much sleet, imagine if this had all been snow instead...

Damn, the sleet really hardened the snow. Pile on some more snow tomorrow and welp, forget about it.

Was snowing in DC when I went to bed around 10:30, and I woke up hearing sleet around 4 (not sure when it started). Looked outside at 4;45 and I bet we have 6-8" on the ground (not sure how much has been compressed with the sleet). Praying not to lose power with an 8 month old in the house!

Just got a report from one of the guys scraping I-40. It is passable.but still a mess. Cars stranded everywhere. Just about to start the secondary roads.

The news says the main roads are very slick, but interstate on and off ramps haven't been plowed. People are getting stuck, just trying to get on the interstate.

I got stuck at a friend's house last night, just drove home in this shit (Winston). Secondary and residential streets are almost undrivable, but the city is starting to plow. Even I-40 sucks with 40 mph being about the maximum safe speed right now.

My wife stayed at Baptist last night, because she was working late-ish. With the current conditions and the oncoming snow, what are the odds she makes it home today after work? (done no sooner than 1PM)

My son keeps asking when she'll be back home, mainly because that means I can take him out and build a snowman. He told me this morning that he had a great idea. All the guys in the neighborhood will shovel the snow so that mama can come home. If only it worked that way.

My wife stayed at Baptist last night, because she was working late-ish. With the current conditions and the oncoming snow, what are the odds she makes it home today after work? (done no sooner than 1PM)

My son keeps asking when she'll be back home, mainly because that means I can take him out and build a snowman. He told me this morning that he had a great idea. All the guys in the neighborhood will shovel the snow so that mama can come home. If only it worked that way.

She should make it back alright as long as you don't live too far off the grid. Making it out of the parking lot and into your neighborhood will be the most difficult tasks, imo.

Back