• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

When was the last time it snowed 12''+ in the Triad?

I still haven't forgotten the one time they were calling for a huge snow storm and the schools were closed the night before the system was going to hit. Not a single flake dropped out of the sky. I think this was either late 80's or early 90's.

I still haven't forgotten the one time they were calling for a huge snow storm and the schools were closed the night before the system was going to hit. Not a single flake dropped out of the sky. I think this was either late 80's or early 90's.

I think that happens almost every year.

Two cases of beer on hand, two bottles of gin, three of vodka, maybe 20 of wine and 34 bottles of single malt.

I think I'm good.

Sooooo.... where do you live?

And a follow up question, do you want to hang out sometime? I don't know when, ummmm, Wednesday maybe?

I was in middle school, I think. So that would have been like 93 thru 95, sometime in there.

It's infuriating not to be able to nail down the potential for the triangle. It's so much more clear for the GSO-Dash area down towards charlotte. Raleigh-Durham could be all snow with a crust of ice, or the most devastating ice storm to hit the region.

Ugh.

Solid snow here just outside downtown WS. Nothing really accumulating on the ground though.

And then just like that the 12z soundings show about 9-10" of snow for Raleigh with no ice. Very different from other models.

Uhh that's scary. Seemed like he should have seen the semi sooner, though.

Agree, though I don't think he would've been able to do anything as he was also in a semi and going downhill.
SEMI driver crashes into guardrail but is saved from going over it after being pushed off the road by another semi on Ontario Highway 11. Carrying a full load, driving well below speed limit, oncoming semi was in the wrong lane passing a snow plow on a double solid line going uphill and heading into a curve while carrying a dangerous load (that is what the sign on the trailer shows).
A huge Thank You to all of you that have showed your support to my husband and our family!!! We will never meet you but are so thankful for you.Physically my husband is okay but his semi suffered a lot of damage. He avoided the other truck by inches and saved his load. We are still looking for the other driver and appreciate all the eyes out there on the road. We are praying that they will step up on their own and accept responsibilty. Cheers to all!

It looks like the governor in GA is determined not to have a repeat of the incompetence that was witnessed the last go round.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/winters-storm-warnings-advisories-and-watches-fore/ndJgM/
The governor late Monday morning expanded the weather-related state of emergency to 31 counties as another round of significant winter precipitation sets its sights on parts of north and central Georgia.

Gov. Nathan Deal doesn’t want to take any chances after the icy gridlock embarrassed Georgia in late January. He encouraged residents in the storm’s path to “be off the road by early evening” Monday as transportation crews prepare the roads. Deal also asked tractor-trailers, which caused mayhem during the January storm, to steer clear of I-285.

The governor convened his emergency response team at 11 a.m. Monday, including executives from hospitals and utility companies. Deal said he was particularly worried about the “devastating” impact of ice dragging down power lines.

Atlanta Public Schools, as well as schools in Marietta and in Cobb and Fulton counties, have canceled after-school activities for Monday. Complete list of school closings.

w20yys.jpg

Back