• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Remember that time we had awesome snow? Thanks Bush (or was that Clinton?).

Don't remember the exact amount, but we had one of the best snows in WS I can remember in 92'. I'm pretty sure we had 14-16 inches. Anyone else attest for that one?

LK is going to come beat you up for hoping for all of that snow/time off school!

Damn. New model came in. Winston is supposed to get zero inches of precipitation. Tough draw guys. Maybe next time.

236296d1371493264t-1-48-sbd-5-dauntless-heavy-hitters-ii-gb-boo-man.gif

I'm really frustrated though that the 30 percent projected chance of precipitation through 2 didn't pan out. That's so rough. Sounds like we should just pack it up and call it a day. You guys can head into work without worrying about getting stuck there.

I'm really frustrated though that the 30 percent projected chance of precipitation through 2 didn't pan out. That's so rough. Sounds like we should just pack it up and call it a day. You guys can head into work without worrying about getting stuck there.

Bro you better watch your attitude, I've got that ban screen opened and waiting in another tab.

not+sure+if+dick+or+head+_478844f6802094c9d69672ea7c062b06.png

tumblr_ly64l4C6S61qaliojo1_500.gif

Everyone here at work in Concord is just waiting and looking out the window...once it comes down in any amount there's gonna be a mass exodus.

Of course my mom sees the news and keeps texting me telling me to GTFO lol

Trying to decide when to pack it in.

A crow just landed right outside my window and stared me down for about a minute... an auspicious omen.

Re: the blue blob. It's virga. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Winston is currently 27 degrees. Dewpoint is 10. That's a very dry lower atmosphere. When initial precip falls it evaporates in the dry, lower levels thus never making it to the ground despite showing up on the radar. This is quite common in the south and why you can have snow in NC when the temp is above 32 but a low dewpoint as precip moves in. Ever heard meteorologists talk about evaporative cooling?

As the heavier precip moves in your dewpoint will rise as the atmosphere becomes more saturated and your temps will drop. Once they get close to converging you'll see snow make it to the ground.

I haven't looked at the data but with people reporting snow in Charlotte I would bet CLT is cooler and closer to the dewpoint.

Back