• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

They said they'd post decision at 4am.lol. Definitely delayed imo
This is a strange storm to predict. It could be way worse than our normal "snow storm". However, they've canceled so many days, so they don't want cancel school at this point unless roads are terrible in the morning. I lost one of my best friends in a wreck because the schools didn't cancel school that day. My brother ended up crashing that day and pretty much every other vehicle who tried to drive that day. That is why Winston-Salem and Greensboro schools cancel if it may be an issue. Honestly, I agree with that policy, you don't want high school students trying to drive with bad weather or slick parts on road.

No power here in my part of 27103, and Duke Energy says the first report of an outage was filed in my area at 2:14 am. I have a bad feeling about this.

Snowing hard in Hickory right now. Probably an inch on the ground and road in front of my house.

Guilford is out today. No word from work yet.

NWS says ice will change to rain in Forsyth after 2 pm today. You have 8 more hours of shit to go.

Branches cracking all around in my neighborhood. Still have power for now.

What does the NWS say about you dying in a fire, you rat bastard?

... DREW BEING A RAT BASTARD REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

* LOCATIONS... INCLUDE MUCH OF THE STATE INCLUDING THE TRIAD AND TRIANGLE REGIONS.

* HAZARD TYPES... EXPECT A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW... AND BEING A RAT BASTARD. A PERIOD OF MOSTLY RAT BASTARD IS POSSIBLE LATER THIS MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 1 INCH... ALONG WITH ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH OF RAT BASTARD.

* TIMING... THE WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION WILL TRANSITION TO MOSTLY DREW BEING A RAT BASTARD BY 700 AM. THE PRECIPITATION MAY CHANGE TO A BURST OF DREW DYING IN A FIRE DUE TO BEING A RAT BASTARD BY LATE MORNING BEFORE ENDING AS ALL RAIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

... DREW BEING A RAT BASTARD REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

* LOCATIONS... INCLUDE MUCH OF THE STATE INCLUDING THE TRIAD AND TRIANGLE REGIONS.

* HAZARD TYPES... EXPECT A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW... AND BEING A RAT BASTARD. A PERIOD OF MOSTLY RAT BASTARD IS POSSIBLE LATER THIS MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 1 INCH... ALONG WITH ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH OF RAT BASTARD.

* TIMING... THE WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION WILL TRANSITION TO MOSTLY DREW BEING A RAT BASTARD BY 700 AM. THE PRECIPITATION MAY CHANGE TO A BURST OF DREW DYING IN A FIRE DUE TO BEING A RAT BASTARD BY LATE MORNING BEFORE ENDING AS ALL RAIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

I see no possible reason the boards should continue. We're done here folks, RTQ won. Good job, good effort everyone.

Yea...so...supposed to drive from Boone to raleigh tomorrow, leaving around 12 noon from Boone. Already snowing like a mother here. Forecast says at noon wintry precip is supposed to stop and the temp goes up to 40. Any ideas on how the roads will be for that drive? Should I expect an 8 hour journey? Screw this weather.

you guys are so bad at this

JUST DON'T GO

had power in 27104 went I left. Roads were slushy. I won't comment on how they felt otherwise since I didn't drive and chose the bus instead. Took out a few tree limbs on Country Club Road, I'm sure they were scheduled for trimming soon

Back