• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Why wait when you play with Kawhi?

In the 80s, 90s and maybe even in the early 00s, where you played mattered for promotional income. It matters very little now and not at all if you are on the level of CP3 and Lebron.

I don't think they will do it, but this would be by far their best chance to win championships.

Cause they don't need Kawhi now. For the next 2-3 years any team that featured both CP3 and Lebron would be an automatic top 2 team.

It's feasible, I'm just not sure either side would be interested. Have to think the Spurs will have a solid young core around Kawhi by then and that the olds are going to want to be close to the beach (i.e. L.A. or Miami).

Yeah. Any olds who would ring chase with Kawhi would be bigs or shooters. The only current star over 30 I could realistically see going to SA is Marc Gasol.

I'm dying for a team full of olds... wait, parker, gasol, gay, loldridge, Manu... green is fast approaching 30. Their window is closing without major upgrades in talent or the young guys putting it together quickly.

Losing a wing defender like Simmons without replacing him is a really big deal. Even if gay does replace him, despite being older and coming off injury, it's at best a wash. Guess it's possible he fully buys in and is healthy but I'm not holding my breath.

Cause they don't need Kawhi now. For the next 2-3 years any team that featured both CP3 and Lebron would be an automatic top 2 team.

To challenge the Warriors and win a championship, they need another superstar. Kawhi is the perfect fit.

In essence, the finals that will play in will be two years from now, CP3 and Lebron will have a lot more mileage on them by then, a superstar could make up for that.

seeing a rumor that simmons has agreed to 3 year 25m with the hawks. also saw spurs were not going to guarantee 3rd year.

I had seen rumors on a sign and trade which was why Spurs renounced. That could make sense if Atla ships the Spurs somebody like Marco. Cannot imagine they would want Baze at his contract over Simmons ...

Letting Simmons go does not make too much sense unless it is a sign and trade. I have read conflicting reports that the Spurs actually allowed Simmons to be a unrestricted FA and instead, just pulled the cheap qualifying offer, which was offensive.

the last thing they need is an undersized wing (marco) that can't defend. they have a ton of guards now and one big that can defend when he wants.

it's head scratching. the original spurs rumor was neighborhood of 9 per (and no state income tax) vs less in atl.

Disappointing if Simmons ends up leaving for (what I think at least) is less than market value.

i guess it is market value. the market has been far more conservative this summer so he blew up a year too late. of course at 3/25 other teams had their doubts as well. maybe they did coach bud a solid by renouncing their rights and "sending" him his way.

now they have to see if one of their 4 new wings (gay, draft picks, finally got a paul!) can approximate what simons provided. so disappointing.

gay will play decent minutes at small 4. bertans and anderson have to play 4. maybe anderson backs up pg.

aldridge has to play center. if they bring back pau and start him with aldridge again i won't be a happy arm chair gm.

I'd be very surprised if Pau isn't coming back. I think Pop would take a buck-three-eighty and a bag of chips for LMA at this point.

of course he is coming back unless someone offered him more than the 16m he opted out of. he'll get the long term cheaper deal or since they whiffed on the splashy options they might bring him back at full price for the year he opted out on to retain flexibility.

the "if they bring him back" should include the second part "and start him with aldridge." i just don't want pop playing pau and lamarcus extended minutes together. defensively they need to be staggered in the play offs so i would rather they just start figuring that out day one.

I'm guessing this qualifies as the official Spursdonk thread so I'll post this here:

There is a Wake alum trying out for the Spurs dance team and fans can vote (Ashley, ninth from the top) by tweeting #SilverDancerAshley.

Top vote getter gets an automatic spot on the team.

I'd be very surprised if Pau isn't coming back. I think Pop would take a buck-three-eighty and a bag of chips for LMA at this point.

I think RC hold out for at least a cup of Starbucks coffee.

I'm dying for a team full of olds... wait, parker, gasol, gay, loldridge, Manu... green is fast approaching 30. Their window is closing without major upgrades in talent or the young guys putting it together quickly.

Losing a wing defender like Simmons without replacing him is a really big deal. Even if gay does replace him, despite being older and coming off injury, it's at best a wash. Guess it's possible he fully buys in and is healthy but I'm not holding my breath.

You obviously have no idea what we are trying to do. Just wait until next week, when I add Tayshaun.

Simmons to Orlando.

Wow. 3/20.

Would love to watch the behind the music on his off season.

Spurs Looking Seriously at Acquiring CP3 per ESPN

WTF Spurs. That's a steal for him.

All the more reason to go see Spurs-Magic next season.

Back