• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

They could trade him to SacTown for virtually nothing now. They could take Matt Barnes back and then cut him.

They could trade him to Dallas for virtually nothing.

They could trade him Chicago or Indiana and get little back.

I'm sure there are other teams.

And Kyrie wants out of Cleve and away from 'Bron. Spurs on his wish list for a trade, with the Knicks, Heat and T-wolves.

Don't think it's likely.

lolmarcus needs to play in the east. He'll get big numbers and feel like the big dog while missing th3 play offs through "no fault of his own."

With the emergence of Forbes, could the Spurs offer Mills, Green and a draft pick for Kyrie?

I'm not sure Pop would want him, but who knows?

A couple of years ago cavs played the spurs on a national tv weekend day game. Spurs were up 15 entering the 4th qtr and kyrie exploded for 25 in the qtr and cavs won. Spurs ended up being a game behind okc i think and had that 1st rd matchup with the clips as a result. Pop wpuld likely want him...

With the emergence of Forbes, could the Spurs offer Mills, Green and a draft pick for Kyrie?

I'm not sure Pop would want him, but who knows?
lol, that's not even close to enough.

You don't equal value for a guy who truly is forcing a trade and has no leverage.

Given that the Cavs have Tristan Thompson, I doubt they would want LMA.

Huh? You're right. Kyrie has no leverage here. The Cavs have it all. So why wouldn't they be able to get equal value for him?

They don't want him to poison their locker room.

If the urban legend of Lebron doing Kyrie's girlfriend is true. It could get really nasty.

Well that's a weak explanation. Kyrie is there for 3 more years. LeBron is gone in one year.

A couple of years ago cavs played the spurs on a national tv weekend day game. Spurs were up 15 entering the 4th qtr and kyrie exploded for 25 in the qtr and cavs won. Spurs ended up being a game behind okc i think and had that 1st rd matchup with the clips as a result. Pop wpuld likely want him...

Spurs up 5 headed into the 4th
Kyrie had 16 in the qtr
OKC missed the playoffs that year

Pop would likely want Kyrie because he's an All-Star PG entering his prime.

The rare EC All-Star who could make it in the West.

Didn't Kyrie drop 50 on the Spurs, maybe that game? The problem with Kyrie is that if he wants to leave to be 'the guy' the Spurs are not the best fit. But then again if LeBron has leaked the info, maybe he's tried to taint the options for Kyrie.

For the record Kyrie has the player option in year 3 so Cavs only have him locked in for 2 years.

Does Kawhi want to be "the guy?" He obviously is. I think he's fine giving up touches to win games.

I agree kawhi does not seem to care about being the man. I'm sure he knows he needs help and giving up some of the offensive load each night would be appreciated. Its a balancing act. You risk losing a defense that can slow down warriors and rockets if you give up too much. They are already weakened losing Simmons.

The bigger question about kyrie wanting to be the man is will the fans view it as kawhi's team (yes) and will that bother kyrie? Having Manu around might provide some buffer as kyrie would know Manu is the old guard passing the torch and can't do what he used to.

Spurs up 5 headed into the 4th
Kyrie had 16 in the qtr
OKC missed the playoffs that year

Pop would likely want Kyrie because he's an All-Star PG entering his prime.

Spurs up 10 with 2.54 left
Kyrie with 40 pts in the game with 34 seconds left, Spurs still up 6
Hits a fallaway 3 in the corner to cut it to 3
Leonard misses 2 free throws
Kyrie hits a 3 at the buzzer to send it to overtime
dominates the OT and finishes with 57
Spurs finish 55-27 but tied for 5th with the Grizzlies - as the 6th seed they have to play the Clippers instead of Portland

I don't think Kahwi would have any problem being a little less in the spotlight if that helps the team win. He was quite happy in that role earlier.

Spurs up 10 with 2.54 left
Kyrie with 40 pts in the game with 34 seconds left, Spurs still up 6
Hits a fallaway 3 in the corner to cut it to 3
Leonard misses 2 free throws
Kyrie hits a 3 at the buzzer to send it to overtime
dominates the OT and finishes with 57
Spurs finish 55-27 but tied for 5th with the Grizzlies - as the 6th seed they have to play the Clippers instead of Portland

While any games could have 'caused' the tie, I think many Spurs fans would say losing to a horrible Knicks team in the Garden was game that cost them in the seeding (assuming I'm remembering the right year).

Back