• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Agreed.

So now we know the Kyrie being the man talk is BS and Lebron just wanted to trade him.

Agree about that Knicks loss. I'm pretty sure they had 3-4 other head scratchers like that one. after playing really well against all the other contenders they completely did not show up a few times and it killed them.

As important as defense will be for the spurs they've spent years hiding parker's deficiencies while utilizing his offense talents. It really could be a great fit. #nothappening

Yeah. Yet another tease for Spurs fans. Well, he will be a free agent soon enough and the Spurs will have plenty of cash after LMA and Green are done.

He was making a joke about how Spurs donks are high on Murray.

Apparently Pau is 3/48.

That is astonishing. I really could not be much more confused and disappointed with this offseason.

More than twice what Simmons got from the Magic.

That front court is overpaid and severely unequipped for today's NBA.

have not seen other details but 3rd year allegedly partial guarantee. even so it seems crazy. i get they make it up to him for opting out and giving him 18 or twenty whatever they can this year since they have likely struck out on any big deals but 3 years at 16 per is crazy. had to be bidding against themselves at that price.

have not seen other details but 3rd year allegedly partial guarantee. even so it seems crazy. i get they make it up to him for opting out and giving him 18 or twenty whatever they can this year since they have likely struck out on any big deals but 3 years at 16 per is crazy. had to be bidding against themselves at that price.

Hopefully for the Spurs it's something like 20/16/12 with only 6 guaranteed on the third year. That way if they need to clear cap space next year or year after they can simply waive him and stretch the $22 million over several seasons

Hopefully for the Spurs it's something like 20/16/12 with only 6 guaranteed on the third year. That way if they need to clear cap space next year or year after they can simply waive him and stretch the $22 million over several seasons

that contract isn't allowable in the CBA. max decrease (or increase) from year to year is 8% for Bird players and 5% for others.

that contract isn't allowable in the CBA. max decrease (or increase) from year to year is 8% for Bird players and 5% for others.

Yeah I guess that makes sense.

Worst case scenario though they could stretch ~30 million (likely less depending on the guaranteed amount for year 3) over 5 years by waiving him next summer, right?

Makes it somewhat more defensible I guess, but not really.

Back