• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Spurs could certainly lose to the rockets. However, it's tough to really get a handle on this team. Hard to tell what their ceiling is since they've played one game with everyone together.

Manu has something like 45 points in his last 47 minutes of PT across 2 games.

He was fantastic in the second half against the Blazers last night.

Manu probably can't play a lot of minutes per game or in the season but he can still score a lot in those limited minutes.

With the injury to Kawhi, it might be tough to reach 50 wins again for the 19th consecutive season.

Davis Bertans led the Spurs 4th quarter comeback with a career high 28 points on 11-15 fg (6-9 3pt). He scored multiple ways. He's averaging 11/5 over the last 5 games.

LMA also had 31/12.

Kawhi is not going to be out but for one or two more games.

My prediction is whoever is seeded #2 goes to the NBA championship this year - Spurs or Rockets.

Why do you think either could beat the Warriors?

I don't like the GS bench comparatively. I also think the West is extremely top heavy this year so I think if the survivor of the #2 vs. #3 matchup escapes healthy, they will be at an initial intensity advantage over GS in the Western Finals with a real likelihood of taking one in Golden State and then putting pressure on them.

I expect that team to be Houston, but hopeful it is SAntonio. I want to cheer for CP3, I do, but I can't quit the Spurs so long as they have Pop.

It feels like the Spurs are having a terrible year, then I looked at the standings and they are 3rd in the West. Hopefully Kawhi can get well. That is bizarre.

Yeah. On pace to win 50 games. LMA putting up Portland numbers. Role players stepping up. It’s frustrating but I’m hopeful Kawhi comes back by March and slides right into a stronger roster. Stay healthy, upset the Rockets, and I’ll be happy.

It feels like the Spurs are having a terrible year, then I looked at the standings and they are 3rd in the West. Hopefully Kawhi can get well. That is bizarre.

Pretty crazy when you think a team is having a bad year, and in the standings they are third in the conference.

To be fair, this IS a bad year for the Spurs.

Just goes to show how things are relative. For the Spurs, "bad year." However, probably more 3/4 of the league would trade records with the Spurs and be happy about it. Some would be ecstatic.

Seeing a lot of Lebron to the Spurs talk after the Cavs game on Wednesday. Apparently Lebron was showing a lot of love and got a lot of love from the SA fans. Some great Photoshops and memes like this one.

27066968_10156011765569402_6617802447465872090_n.jpg

Seeing a lot of Lebron to the Spurs talk after the Cavs game on Wednesday. Apparently Lebron was showing a lot of love and got a lot of love from the SA fans. Some great Photoshops and memes like this one.

Though I never could see anything remotely like Lebron to the Spurs being a thing...it would be hilarious to go from Jalen Rose exclaiming that Kawhi is unhappy because the Spurs aren't surrounding him with stars to bringing in Lebron. Especially with all of the talk over the last couple of years about Kawhi being Lebron's only real rival/equal/match in the NBA.

Last edited:
Oh I don't think it will happen. I just think the memes on the Spurs fan Facebook pages are hilarious.

This one is cool, too.

19554670_898867390294454_288084127527212286_n.jpg

Max Kellerman had a piece about Lebron to the Spurs the day after the Spurs-Cavs matchup, said Lebron should go there and said why and Stephen A agreed with him.

To be fair, this IS a bad year for the Spurs.

Too early to declare that. They're playing for post-season success not regular season record. Clearly an uphill battle to knock off GS or Houston though.

Did not want to comment on the NBA thread but there is no chance spurs trade green and a first for bradley.

Too bad they can't do Bradley for fifty mills straight up.

Back