• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

This is all about promises made, promises kept. I'll decline my player's options to allow you to go after CP3, but then after I get a 3-year deal and ...

Pao's agent is one he shares with Patty Mills, TOny Parker, and CP3, btw. And Nando de Colo. so maybe they will bring Nando back! A boy can dream.

I don't quite understand the long game other than maintaining the narrative that the Spurs take care of those that are loyal to them ...

Does that narrative matter if they can rarely get a big time free agent to show up?

At best spurs have improved a very small amount if gay is 100% and defends well. Not holding my breath.

At worst they have an cast that is old, unproven, or coming off injury.

At least we had the possibility next year that pau' s 16, tony's 16, and lamarcus' 20 could come off the books to lure free agent talent. This pau contract could really hurt.

Does that narrative matter if they can rarely get a big time free agent to show up?

At best spurs have improved a very small amount if gay is 100% and defends well. Not holding my breath.

At worst they have an cast that is old, unproven, or coming off injury.

At least we had the possibility next year that pau' s 16, tony's 16, and lamarcus' 20 could come off the books to lure free agent talent. This pau contract could really hurt.

It did. It was how they got Aldridge. He didn't pan out, but he was THE premier FA of that year. I think things will shake out fine for the Spurs next summer. Next year will be successful I am sure. I have a feeling old Lebron is going to get chased out of Cleveland again. He and Pop have a real mutual respect. Will be interesting. Pau also has more experience than anybody not named Parker and Manu playing with a superstar.

did it? not sure that was at the top of his list. he has family/kids living in texas. win. maybe it was.

i get that aldridge was a big deal at the time. just saying their off seasons are rarely "big."

It did. It was how they got Aldridge. He didn't pan out, but he was THE premier FA of that year. I think things will shake out fine for the Spurs next summer. Next year will be successful I am sure. I have a feeling old Lebron is going to get chased out of Cleveland again. He and Pop have a real mutual respect. Will be interesting. Pau also has more experience than anybody not named Parker and Manu playing with a superstar.

There is absolutely no way that Lebron would go to the Spurs. If there is one thing that Lebron has shown over the past few seasons, it is that he doesn't want to have a coach. He left Spo as Spo was coming into his own, and then canned Blatt for Lue so that Lue could hold his phones during games. I'm sure Lebron respects the hell out of Pop (and vice versa) but there is no way in hell he would want to play for him for an entire season.

Kawhi out for preseason with quad injury. #fakenews? Real injury? Pop working on his resting game with new rules this season?

I wonder if Kawhi is sitting out the preseason so Pop can work Gay into the lineup.

Probably part of it. However, he'll probably bring gay along slowly. He's got a bunch of young, unknown, wings to look at.

Also, 88 change the thread title. Just a reminder of a disappointing off season.

How about "Welcome to San Antonio, Portland's Lamarcus Aldridge!"

No kidding. Hopefully he and Kawhi can figure out how best to play together when KL gets back. That may be a bit of a challenge. This is def LA's team right now, and he's been incredible thus far.

Spurs looking pretty strong right now all things considered.

Yeah. LMA is Top 12 in All-Star voting.

Spurs-Rockets will be an amazing series. But if the Rockets are full strength, I think it will end there.

Back