• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

That's gotta be a call back to the season Duncan actually assisted. Don't think that was ever intended to be long term.
Right. Duncan wanted to try it out so they let him.

Wemby playing in the French league quarters right now. Bruce Bowen on the call. Nice to have a parallel playoffs to follow.

Last edited:
Bowen is so so under appreciated. The dude had his role and he was a master of it. Corner 3 and lock down defense. He didn’t need the spotlight. He didn’t need the ball every play. But he was crucial to the dynasty. I’ll go as far to say they should have been called the Big Four.

Wouldn’t go that far but he helped define the 3 and D role that’s so common in the league now.

Wemby lost to Cholet on a buzzer beater 3. Cholet fans rushed the court. Crazy stuff. Deciding Game 3 is on Thursday. Wemby had 23/14/3/1/2. 7-16 fg, 1-5 3pt, 8-10 ft. Wemby has a lot of work to do, but playing with better teammates will elevate his game. He's going to be incredible pretty soon.

Last edited:
Since the inception of the lottery system in the mid 80s, the Spurs have only participated in the lottery seven times, of which they have won three. Other teams need to replicate that success

Spurs lottery picks history

1987 1 David Robinson
1989 3 Sean Elliott
1997 1 Tim Duncan
2020 11 Devin Vassell
2021 12 Josh Primo
2022 9 Jeremy Sochan
2023 1 Victor Wembanyama

That’s pretty good. Primo was a bad pick in foresight and hindsight. But that’s part of the process that will bring Wemby to SA. I like a lot of players drafted after Primo but there are no game changers.

Since the inception of the lottery system in the mid 80s, the Spurs have only participated in the lottery seven times, of which they have won three. Other teams need to replicate that success
#smallmarketrig

It really is amazing how blatantly it is rigged yet everyone just goes along with it.

It does raise eyebrows. But it was also suspect when the Knicks were awarded Ewing. So I don’t think the Spurs are the only team, if anything shady is happening, who benefits. I am sure there are other instances recently that appear shady that someone else can point out.

yeah, i just can't see the NBA rigging it for SA. i just don't see the end game with that action.

It does raise eyebrows. But it was also suspect when the Knicks were awarded Ewing. So I don’t think the Spurs are the only team, if anything shady is happening, who benefits. I am sure there are other instances recently that appear shady that someone else can point out.
Oh the Spurs are definitely not the only team, but it is rigged for whoever the NBA wants to get the next generational star at the moment. Ewing to the Knicks. Duncan to the Spurs to fuck Pitino. Anthony Davis to the Pelicans when the NBA owned the Pelicans while the Bobcats went 7-75 that historically bad season, then giving Zion to the Pelicans when AD wanted out. Lebron to stay home in Cleveland, then Cleveland getting the #1 pick after Lebron took his talents to South Beach. Wemby to the Spurs for Pop's swan song. The list goes on and on, if you are cyncical you know with a good degree of certainty who is getting the #1 pick before it is announced.

Magically Bronny will end up on the Lakers, by pure chance of course.

SA got one national TV game last year.
Rightfully so. Wemby will obviously change that, but he would have changed that for Detroit or Charlotte just the same. Houston is an enormous market. It makes the most sense if the nba were to rig the draft to send him where the most eyes will be tuning in.

Oh the Spurs are definitely not the only team, but it is rigged for whoever the NBA wants to get the next generational star at the moment. Ewing to the Knicks. Duncan to the Spurs to fuck Pitino. Anthony Davis to the Pelicans when the NBA owned the Pelicans while the Bobcats went 7-75 that historically bad season, then giving Zion to the Pelicans when AD wanted out. Lebron to stay home in Cleveland, then Cleveland getting the #1 pick after Lebron took his talents to South Beach. Wemby to the Spurs for Pop's swan song. The list goes on and on, if you are cyncical you know with a good degree of certainty who is getting the #1 pick before it is announced.

rigged-conspiracy.gif

FWIW, with the last ball left, the Wizards had the best chance to win the Wemby sweepstakes. They had a 54% chance to get the top pick, but the last number came in for the Spurs:

Of course
Rightfully so. Wemby will obviously change that, but he would have changed that for Detroit or Charlotte just the same. Houston is an enormous market. It makes the most sense if the nba were to rig the draft to send him where the most eyes will be tuning in.
Of course. Just saying a team given one nationally televised game gets the lotto rigged for them is funny when considering viewing audiences.

Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

There’s just zero incentive for the league to rig it so Wemby goes to SA.

Back