• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

There's a lot of good French dudes.

He has good size and great stats.
Yeah. Seems like a high ceiling guy who could work on his shot in Austin and be a solid rotation player by Year 3. I assume he will be the third two-way player.

I'm disappointed they traded the pick that ended up being Leonard Miller. That seemed like a good high risk, high potential pick. But I guess they felt they could get their guy and two second rounders which are basically poker chips nowadays. Not hard to bet the T-Wolves will be bad as well.

The Spurs got a 2026 Utah 2nd and a 2028 T-Wolves 2nd. The Spurs have 17 2nd round picks through 2029:
2024 - 2
2025 - 3
2026 - 3
2027 - 2
2028 - 5
2029 - 2

Given the new trend of packaging four or more 2nd rounders for a rotation player, the Spurs have a lot of flexibility to make minor moves.

Last edited:
Wemby in uniform

Wemby and Sochan plan to play Summer League. That sets up a handy starting lineup at least for a few games:

PG Wesley
SG Branham
SF Cissoko
PF Sochan
C Wembanyama

Returning possible SL players:
F Justin Champagnie (two-way)
C Sandro Mamukelashvili (RFA)
C Dominik Barlow (two-way)
C Charles Bassey (4/$10M contract)

Undrafted free agents
G Sir'Jabari Rice (two-way, Texas)
G Logan Johnson (exhibit-10, Saint Mary's)
G Erik Stevenson (training camp, West Virginia)
F Setric Millner (exhibit-10, Toledo)
C Charles Bediako (1-year, possibly exhibit-10, Alabama)

And returning Austin Spurs including Chaundee Brown.

Last edited:
I checked out Cissoko's G League highlights and he has some nice hops and strong dunks. I was surprised.

Also a very good passer.

His shot is okay I guess.

Despite his size, I would still like Wemby at the 4. I just don’t like him banging away with some of those Cs. More like Dirk was.

Despite his size, I would still like Wemby at the 4. I just don’t like him banging away with some of those Cs. More like Dirk was.

Like Dirk was except 6 inches taller and an elite rim protector playing at a time in which several centers are like Dirk.

Wemby is already eating breakfast tacos. He’ll bulk up. He’s fine.

Yeah, just think a big rebounding and D guy at C would give him a lot of freedom. I guess just my own preference.

I think we’ll see different lineups with Collins or Bassey playing beside Wemby but Wemby and Sochan will start and finish. Wemby at C allows Sochan, KJ, and Vassell to play their natural positions. I don’t think Wemby needs a Splitter and Sochan can be a physical PF.

Great picture.

f8f99983096eff1ce3371e3478688488.jpg

Last edited:
Do spurs have an enforcer that can go give a extra hard foul on anybody who messes with Wemby? That seems like a must

Zach Collins and potentially a three-headed monster behind him of Bassey, Mamu, and Barlow.

Sochan won't back down.

Definitely not. He’s the Rodman on this team. I was thinking about heavies who can waste fouls. Sochan is a star in the making.

Yes. Not many players look like their number.

Saw a good Rich Eisen interview with Michelle Beadle about Wemby and the famous dinner. She dropped some nuggets about Pop's road workout routine at the hotel gym. Had a hilarious line about Pop's excitement to coach Wemby. She also discussed taking Wemby to the gun show in her first interview with him.

San Antonio Spurs, Victor Wembanyama, Michelle Beadle

Overall, she echoes everyone else's love for the kid. Wemby seems like he's already everyone in San Antonio's very tall little brother.

Last edited:
I’m 30+ and would consider rocking one. Also didn’t know if your kids were fans? I know my kids will probably want one.

I couldn't pass up the joke.

My oldest does not care at all about sports. My youngest marginally cares in that he'll watch NBA YouTube videos, has favorite teams (Nuggets and Raptors), and likes his Nuggets shirt from when we saw Celtics-Nuggets in Denver.

I'll see what new Spurs merch they have. My wife has a conference in SA every two years, so I may try to go with her next year. But it was during the Rodeo Road Trip in 2022.

Nice to see Beadle still working. She was my favorite ESPN female hoops personality when she was there.

Back