• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

I'll admit I found Beadle fairly annoying and not that all hot until I found out she's the queen Spurs donk. Now I'm a big fan. I enjoy her in the 2nd quarter of Spurs games. You can tell she appreciated her time at ESPN but getting to travel with the team and be in Pop's good graces is her dream job.

Listening to the Spurscast podcast. I'll post some interesting notes as I hear them.
--Mamu was at the Wemby signing. He's an RFA so that's a good sign they'll bring him back.
--Sir'Jabari Rice has a two-way spot. Cissoko probably has a two-way spot. So that leaves one two-way spot between Julian Champaigne and Dominick Barlow.
--If Jones and Mamu return, there will only be two open roster spots.

I'd like to see them sign Mamu and Champaigne to something similar to the 4/10 deal Bassey got. They look like future rotation players who can give you a nice 5-10 minutes ago. Such a deal would make it easy to move them and keep a lot of cap room free for a big move in the 2024 calendar year. Then leave Barlow in the third two-way spot. He has potential, but I'm not sold on him.

I like someone more after finding out we share a common interest.

Not cringe. Also, I generally don't like studio shows, so it's not surprising I like Beadle more as a correspondent for my favorite team than hosting a studio show for the worldwide leader.

That podcast mentioned the Spurs offered Naz Reid a 1-year deal before the T-Wolves locked him up for 3 years. That would have been a good move but I'm not surprised the T-Wolves signed him. Could be a sign that the Spurs will bring in a PF/C on a 1-year deal.

Last edited:
The Spurs tended contracts to Tre Jones, Julian Champagnie, and Dominick Barlow making them restricted free agents. They did not tender contracts to Mamu and Romeo Langford making them unrestricted free agents.

Gonna be a fun weekend watching all the pieces fall. I imagine it will be teams grabbing players like it’s 6am on Black Friday at Toys R Us

The start of free agency is one of my favorite sports holidays.

I have fond memories of driving my family to the beach on the day Aldridge was going to announce his decision. I couldn’t check my phone but I heard the alerts. We got to the beach and I saw he chose the Spurs. I was so hyped.

Doubt we get anything like that this year. I do think we’ll see a 1 or 2 year deal for a vet PG, a rotation PF in the 3/35 range (like Grant Williams), and another cheap vet. The Spurs have to use $26M to hit the salary floor. Could see them as the third team in a deal to pick up some assets as well.

I saw some rumbles about the Pels trading Jonas Valanciunas to the Spurs. I like it. He’s not a rim protector or rim runner but he’s a huge physical presence who could be an enforcer. He could play with Wemby or Sochan. Plus he seems to always give the Spurs fits. They’ll have to pay Collins next year anyway.

When Aldridge news came I was at the in-laws with no cell service and spotty, at best, sat internet with "wi fi"
I actually got a headline delivered his choice but no winner.

The Spurs signed Champagnie to a 4/12 deal. Love it. He looks like a solid back end of the rotation guy who could develop into a rotation guy on a cheap contract.

Former Spurs Drew Eubanks, Keita Bates-Diop, and Chimeize Metu all signed with the Suns.

Those two are ok acquisitions for the Spurs but do not move the needle a whole lot from tank/rebuild to take-us-serious. Depending on the lost pieces, Dame would be sick.

Wemby and actually trying move the needle. The Spurs are trying to lower expectations and ease Wemby into the league. But if they’re top 4 in the West come January, they’re stocked with assets to make moves.

The Spurs resigned Mamu for 1 year, $2M.

First Summer League game is Monday at 8:00 est.

Mamu tweeted a pics of him as a kid wearing a Spurs #1 jersey.

Last edited:
Spurs vs. Hornets in Summer League right now on ESPN.

Spurs starting Barlow, Champagnie, Wesley, Cissoko, and Javante McCoy

I forgot how long Wesley is. At 6-4/190 with a 6-9 wingspan, he's got a similar body to Dejounte (6-5/180 with a 6-10 wingspan). Looking good up 11-2 early.

Last edited:
58-32 at the half. I know it's just Summer League, but that was a lot of fun to watch. Up tempo, good ball movement, good shooting, and plenty of hustle.

Blake Wesley hasn't completely fixed the poor decision making but he looks like he should be the 3rd PG on the main roster and get occasional minutes.
Julian Champagnie picked up where he left off at the end of last season. 4/12 already looks like a steal. He had 20 pts on 4-7 from deep. Certainly a rotation player and maybe a spot starter at SF when Keldon is out.
Dominick Barlow has improved tremendously over last year. His midrange jumper is money and he flashed some nice moves in the paint. He had 12 pts on 6-7 fg.
Sidy Cissoko didn't do much but he certainly brings size to the forward position.

Champagnie finished with 30/8/2/4. Barlow finished with 24/11/1/1/2. I don't think either played in the 4th in a 98-77 win.

Last edited:
Wesley, Branham, Champagnie, Cissoko, Barlow starting. Brahnam with the first 5 points + a Champagnie 3 for a 8-0 start.

Seems like a good trade. I firmly expect most any pick swap in 2030 will be a net positive for the Spurs. I expect Luka to ask out of Dallas at some point, so I'm very happy with that one. Bullock has one year left on his contract. He's a good shooter. Seems like a good teammate. Only downside is hearing Bill Land bring back his "Tarheel Triple" call.

Right now, the Spurs have six players on the last year of their contracts totaling $47.6M:
-Zach Collins ($7.7M)
-Doug McDermott ($13.8M)
-Khem Birch ($7M)
-Cedi Osman ($6.7M)
-Lamar Stevens ($1.9M)
-Reggie Bullock ($10.5M)

Right now the roster is at 17 players.

Last edited:
Brahnam had 32. Champagnie had 28/5 after hitting 30 on Monday. Wesley had 18/7/5 on 7/9 fg and 3 turnovers. That's what you want from the returning players. Wesley makes plenty of mistakes but he looks like he'll be a player.

Cissoko doesn't fill the stat sheet but he looks good doing it. He's a physical player with a high IQ and good passing ability. The C from Alabama Bekiado had 7/8 in 9 min. Another big named Carlton looked good in limited minutes as well.

Last edited:
Wesley, Branham, Champagnie, Cissoko, Barlow starting. Brahnam with the first 5 points + a Champagnie 3 for a 8-0 start.

Seems like a good trade. I firmly expect most any pick swap in 2030 will be a net positive for the Spurs. I expect Luka to ask out of Dallas at some point, so I'm very happy with that one. Bullock has one year left on his contract. He's a good shooter. Seems like a good teammate. Only downside is hearing Bill Land bring back his "Tarheel Triple" call.

Right now, the Spurs have six players on the last year of their contracts totaling $47.6M:
-Zach Collins ($7.7M)
-Doug McDermott ($13.8M)
-Khem Birch ($7M)
-Cedi Osman ($6.7M)
-Lamar Stevens ($1.9M)
-Reggie Bullock ($10.5M)

Right now the roster is at 17 players.

Lamar Stevens: “Fuck.”

Back