• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Stevens and Birch are most likely to get cut/trade fodder.

Bullock has started over 80% of regular season games over the last 6 seasons. If they can play him off the bench, that's huge.

The Spurs can go with a young starting lineup of Jones/Vassell/Keldon/Sochan/Wemby. Then they can go with a veteran bench of Graham/Bullock/McDermott/Osman/Collins and a young bench of Wesley/Branham/Champagnie/Barlow/Bassey. And I left out Mamu/Birch/Stevens.

Same. Most exciting Spurs season in awhile.
They've got 15-16 guys, and 13 can be active for regular season games.

Also, tonight is Wemby versus the number 2 pick.

They’ve got 18 guys and that doesn’t include Cissoko.

My hope is that they invest in the young guys and figure out how to move some of those veterans for future picks or maybe in a package for a even better player.

They’ve got 18 guys and that doesn’t include Cissoko.

My hope is that they invest in the young guys and figure out how to move some of those veterans for future picks or maybe in a package for a even better player.
How often are teams willing to give up a frontline guy for a pupu platter of deep bench guys?

How often are teams willing to give up a frontline guy for a pupu platter of deep bench guys?
Graham/Bullock/McDermott/Osman/Collins aren't deep bench guys. Graham, Bullock, and Osman have had a few seasons as full-time starters and have started more games than they've come off the bench in their careers. And the Spurs got them essentially for Josh Richardson (Graham + 4 2nd round picks) who was a throw-in from the Derrick White trade. McDermott was a bench guy before coming to SA but he still averaged around 20 mpg mostly off the bench at every stop.

The Spurs are in a good position because they have promising young guys developing behind a promising young lineup AND they have veterans with one year left on their contracts. But that means they have tough decisions.

I'm not sure who they could get, but teams may be interested in trading a good player with two or three more years on his contract for good vets who go off the books in a year, especially because the Spurs can throw in some picks. And Khem Birch would help match salaries in any of those deals. I've seen Jonas Valanciunas and Jarrett Allen out there as possibilities. The Spurs could probably get them for Collins/2 players/pick.

Last edited:
Wemby just blocked a Brandon Miller three 26' from the basket. They're playing him at PF, kind of as a point forward, tonight with Barlow and Bediako at C.

I like Bediako. He does a lot of nice things. Looks like the whole team has issues with nerves. Missing too many bunnies.

I’m not watching but how does Miller look? I was very against the pick but guess I have to root for him

Super meh for a #2 pick. Looks like a 6-9 catch and shoot guy with limited shot creation. He’ll probably be a decent player but not in the same stratosphere as Wemby and Scoot.

Yeah I just couldn’t comprehend passing up Scoot. Jordan can fuck right off.

They're talking about it right now. They didn't take Scoot because they have LaMelo. But LaMelo seems injury prone. Makes no sense.

Yeah that’s the excuse I heard, but it’s the #2 pick in the draft and you’re the Hornets lol. It’s not like you’re one piece away. You go with the future all star can’t miss guy.

Well Kai Jones is the first dude to dunk on Wemby.

The best thing about Summer League is in an offseason dominated by evergreen Lakers, KD/Kyrie/Harden drama, "can the Warriors win a championship?" and such talk, the commentators talk about your team for two hours.

Certainly sounds like Wright plans to keep Barlow.

As a guy with too much natural grey hair, I don't understand Sochan dying his grey.

Julian Champagnie on a 4/12 contract may be the biggest steal in the league. He's clearly a rotation guy regardless of how many veteran wings they keep.

Spurs face the Kings, Warriors, T-Wolves, Thunder in West Group C for the NBA Cup. That's a good draw. They got the #3, #6, #8, and #10 spots from last year.

Wemby looks out of sync with the other players. The Wesley/Branham/Champagnie/Cissoko/Barlow lineup looked like they'd be playing together for awhile. Wemby doesn't seem to know where he needs to be on offense or defense.

Back