• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

I’m really not a fan of Branham
Shot selection?

Wemby starting to feel it now.

Geez, that dude is Samaki Walker's kid? I've got to stop being surprised. I have kids with friends in college and my oldest is starting high school.

Wemby's playmaker instincts are better than expected, but I don't think that's the best way to use him especially with Sochan who also should be a good playmaker.

Michael DeVoe killing my team seems like old times.

Last edited:
Shot selection?

Wemby starting to feel it now.

Geez, that dude is Samaki Walker's kid? I've got to stop being surprised. I have kids with friends in college and my oldest is starting high school.

Wemby's playmaker instincts are better than expected, but I don't think that's the best way to use him especially with Sochan who also should be a good playmaker.

Michael DeVoe killing my team seems like old times.

He’s just not very good. He doesn’t realize tonight isn’t his night, and that nobody is here to see him. And he’s shooting 1/16? Ew.

ETA: the out of rhythm air ball when Wemby was feeling it is just icing on the cake

He’s just not very good. He doesn’t realize tonight isn’t his night, and that nobody is here to see him. And he’s shooting 1/16? Ew.

ETA: the out of rhythm air ball when Wemby was feeling it is just icing on the cake
Yeah. Wesley and Branham need to understand Wemby and Barlow inside or on the midrange are more reliable tonight and they didn't need to jack up a 3.

Wemby with 27 pts, 12 reb, 1 stl, 3 blks on 9-14 fg and 2-3 from deep.

Barlow with 17 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 2 blk on 8-12 fg. Pay that man. Averaging 14.5 pts, 7.5 reb, 4 ast playing with Wemby.

Wesley looks like an NBA player to me.

I need to see a lot more from Branham.

Yeah. Wesley and Branham need to understand Wemby and Barlow inside or on the midrange are more reliable tonight and they didn't need to jack up a 3.

Wemby with 27 pts, 12 reb, 1 stl, 3 blks on 9-14 fg and 2-3 from deep.

Barlow with 17 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 2 blk on 8-12 fg. Pay that man. Averaging 14.5 pts, 7.5 reb, 4 ast playing with Wemby.

Give him Paul Reed $$$

Wesley looks like an NBA player to me.

I need to see a lot more from Branham.
Brahnam has potential but he looks rough when his shot's not falling. His bad decisions compound on each other. Bullock, Champagnie, and McDermott are better suited to be the scorers off the bench. I hadn't really thought about how Branham may be the biggest loser in all these post-season moves. No way should he play over Bullock and Champagnie passed him. Branham may be in a Lonnie Walker situation where he gets inconsistent run on an inconsistent team.

Tre Jones had a great 2021 Summer League and parlayed that into a solid season as a backup behind Dejounte. I still think Wesley is behind Tre and Graham (or another veteran PG) and could probably spend some time in Austin.

The Spurs future at PG is probably in the next two drafts with Tre and Wesley battling to be the long-term backup unless an elite current PG becomes available. Either option would require using a few of the six 1st rounders in the next two drafts. If guys like Champagnie, Bassey, Mamu, and Barlow stick they don't need to draft more than 2 players a year.

Last edited:
Tim Duncan was on the 1996 USA select team and he was, in the short clip I just watched, swatting Shaquille O'Neal and the 1996 Dream Team in that exhibition.

I recall watching it live.

Wemby sitting out of Summer League. Looking forward to more Bediako and seeing Champagnie and Branham get their shots back.

During Suns-Heat, Kenny Smith just said he thinks Wemby will be MVP in four years. The Spurs will have enough talent around him and be contenders.

Last edited:
I still think Wemby needs to add a lot of strength, but if he does then in 4 years this kid could be unstoppable. The way he moves at that height is a video game cheat code…I can’t wait to find out!

This is why i think they should be greedy and tank one more year. This isn’t a team like Duncan stepped into, nor is Wemby as NBA ready. You can’t win with a bunch of 19-22 year olds. Get him in the weight room, manage his minutes. Play a deep rotation of young guys. Guarantee decent lottery odds.

They can tank if things start out slow or Wemby gets injured or whatever. But that shouldn't be the plan.

I think I posted something like this a few days ago, but they've got enough picks in the 2024 and 2025 draft that there will be plenty of ways to get who they want without losing a bunch of games. Sure it would be fine to have the #9 pick again but it wouldn't be as valuable.

1st - Top 6 protected (Raptors - Poeltl trade)
1st - Top 14 protected (Hornets - Murray trade)
1st - Spurs
two 2nds

1st - Top 10 protected (Bulls)
1st - Hawks
1st - Spurs
three 2nds

I also don't think they're trying to get much younger. I doubt they'll take more than two maybe three players in any given draft but they have at least four picks through 2027.

Nice SL win vs. the Wizards. Branham got hot in the 2nd half and led all scorers with 29 pts on 12-20 fg and 5-6 from deep. Champagnie had 18/8/7 but a poor shooting night. Barlow had another good outing with 20/7 on 9-15 fg. Cissoko didn't hit a shot again but had some nice passes, good D, and 7 reb.

I think Wesley and Branham should be fine on the end of the bench, but I wouldn't play them together to curb the poor decision-making.

Last edited:
Got a good laugh out of this one.

May be an image of 4 people, people playing basketball and text

So the Spurs didn't get Bullock for nothing. They got him and a pick swap for three 2nds. That makes more sense. Bullock is a legit NBA starter. They traded one of their two 2024 2nds, three 2025 2nds, and five 2028 2nds.

The Spurs have gotten more games on ESPN during SL than the last two regular seasons.

As far as I can tell, SL playoffs are the 8 teams with the best record, quarter points (quarters won), and point differential. 16 teams are 2-1 or better, but the Spurs and Pistons have 8 quarter points. It looks like the winner of Spurs vs. Pistons will advance.

Spurs sitting Branham for the rest of SL. Sir'Jabari Rice will make his debut.

Last edited:
SL playoffs are top 4 teams so the Spurs need to win by a huge number.

Dominick Barlow is having another good game. I just assumed he was a top HS prospect who chose OTE. He was 4* ranked #123 in the 247 composite. He's a big success story for OTE.

Spurs lose. No Branham or Champagnie. Barlow with another fantastic performance with 19/11 and 2 blks on 8-12 fg. Averaged 17 pts, 8.3 reb in Vegas. He has a bright future.

Blake Wesley had 10 pts, 8 reb on 3-17 fg. He was 18-58 in SL. Bad combination of bad shot selection and bad shooting. He's going back to Austin. I hope they sign a veteran PG for that 3rd spot. Wouldn't mind seeing Ish get to SA to share what he learned playing with Jokic last year. George Hill could come back to SA as well.

Sir'Jabari Rice had 11 pts on 4-8 in his debut. He's actually 4 years older than Wesley.

Last edited:
Spurs had a bunch of guys sitting out, coaches decision. Not surprising they lost.

Back