• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Spurs need a nasty, get dirty, veteran PF, to backup Sochan and protect Wemby.

Cissoko has potential to be a STAR. I'd play him this year, in the rotation.

I like Cissoko but can't see him in the rotation given the current roster. I'd like to see what he could do in the G-League on a team without an elite ball dominant prospect. I'm sure Scoot limited Cissoko's touches and ability to be a secondary creator or point-forward.

I'm excited to see what cissoko becomes. He needs minutes this year and, agree with ph, they are gonna be tough to find with the current team make up. He also needs to develope chemistry with the roster so get used to that drive bro!

I'm excited to see what cissoko becomes. He needs minutes this year and, agree with ph, they are gonna be tough to find with the current team make up. He also needs to develope chemistry with the roster so get used to that drive bro!
Yeah. This is where I am. Dude's going to be back and forth from Austin and he'll get spot rotation minutes and garbage time unless the roster consolidates considerably. For now, he shouldn't get minutes at the 3/4 over KJ/Sochan (if Wemby starts at PF), Osman, McDermott, and Champagnie.

Losing Kane is deffo gonna be huge, and they’ll have struggles at the back for sure, but Big Ange will have them playing some fun footy

Am I going to have to start a new thread and call it "The Spurs Thread" to avoid confusion?

Pop, Parker, and Hammon being enshrined into the Hall of Fame.

I don't usually watch the HOF induction. I was at home with nothing better to do Saturday night so I did. It was very Spurs centic. Pop, Parker, Hammon, and Gasol, so two players coached by Pop, one former assistant enshrined as a player. And two major rivals, Dirk and D-Wade.

There were a lot of good moments, especially Hammon's speech thanking Pop. Pop had the longest speech of the night. It felt like the official end of that Spurs era although I expect RC Buford, Aldridge, DeRozan, and Kawhi to make the HOF going forward.

Based on the vibes, I'd be shocked if Hammon doesn't take over for Pop.

The Wemby era officially starts in a few weeks. Here is the in-season tournament schedule. The Spurs are the only team with more than two group games on ESPN or TNT. Could be a good sign for national TV games next year.

Did the Hammon discrimination thing get sorted out? I wondered if that would disrupt her chances at a HC job.

She got suspended two games and then got to coach her super team.

The Spurs debut on Wednesday, October 25 at 9:30 vs. the Mavs. The Spurs have 11 games on ESPN or TNT and 8 games on NBA TV. The powers that be clearly don't expect the Spurs to be in the mix. Six ESPN/TNT games are in the first month of the season. The other five are in the next two months. There are none the last 2.5 months.

I'm so hyped for the season I may pick up 2k for the first time ever. I haven't played a hoops video game since NCAA College Basketball.

Last edited:
I saw one of Wembys follow dunks and went hmmmm...thats interesting. He has a little of Bol or Muresan length, but far more coordinated and effective.

They just signed Gray to training camp yesterday. Disappointed the Spurs didn't want a vet like Bullock or find a trade market for him.

Ph, you really think Sochan comes off bench? I think aside from Wemby, he could have the highest upside of anyone else on the roster.

I keep going back and forth between thinking they are too young and should tank, to thinking Wemby/Vassell/Sochan could be a really nice core to build around.

I don’t think he should but Pop has said Collins will start so it looks like he’s going for that Splitter/Duncan/Diaw dynamic.

I can see Sochan being a good secondary playmaker with the second unit of Graham/Wesley, Brahnam, McDermott/Champagnie/Osman, Sochan, Bassey/Mamu.

Sochan won 6 man of the year in college. I don't think he'd mind coming of the bench. As pop said at media day, if hof'er Manu can come off thr bench anyone can.

Ph, you really think Sochan comes off bench? I think aside from Wemby, he could have the highest upside of anyone else on the roster.

I keep going back and forth between thinking they are too young and should tank, to thinking Wemby/Vassell/Sochan could be a really nice core to build around.
Both of the thoughts in the second paragraph can be true. Tank to add one more dude to the trio that is a good young core.

Previous good Spurs teams always had at least a few veteran studs (e.g. David Robinson) along with their young stars.

Back