• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St. Bonaventure Game Thread - Deacs win 77-62 off to 9-2 start

I read in another thread that St Bonnies best player was questionable for this game. Did he play?

Who is going to score for us next year besides CMM and Devin? We're gonna be losing roughly 25 ppg in Travis and Coron, not to mention the majority of our 3 point shooting.

I think we'll get points ~10 ppg from Cav and ~6-8 ppg from McClinton. Hopefully, Shelton is going to step up right away, too.

Plus, Rondale is better now than CJ Harris was as a senior, so we're probably set on the scoring front.

This 2nd half is the tightest rotation Bz has used all season. Only a little Dre and Moto to spell the bigs and only CMM/Madison/Coron/Travis for the 1-3. Probably not a coincidence this is best half of the season. We really get lost on offense when we have Madison/Tree/Moto combos out there all at the same time.

A little premature to worry about next year's scoring. But we had a huge hole this year with CJ leaving, and Coron has helped to fill that role (a bit).

But to answer your question... Cav can score.

I like being 9-2 but let's not kid ourselves that Richmond and St. Bonaventure are big wins. We don't suck but we are going to have a tough year in conference. But I will admit this is Bz's best team. I'm not sure what that means, but there you have it.

I think we'll get points ~10 ppg from Cav and ~6-8 ppg from McClinton. Hopefully, Shelton is going to step up right away, too.

Plus, Rondale is better now than CJ Harris was as a senior, so we're probably set on the scoring front.

Rondale will light it up next year!

Plenty of people have said it before, but Andre's recent improvement mend that Cav and Devin get more minutes on the floor together. They play well together.

Yeah I'm not worried about scoring next year. We will undoubtedly be a better team next year than this year IMO.

I read in another thread that St Bonnies best player was questionable for this game. Did he play?

He did, but their most valuable player is their PG. They have looked like crap without him in there.

St. Bonny is a top 100 win. These are games you're SUPPOSED to win at home, and games that we haven't won. Putting together back to back wins against Richmond and St. Bonnie is solid for this team.

This. This team could be really solid with a coach. Hopefully, next year they'll have one.

St. Bonny is a top 100 win. These are games you're SUPPOSED to win at home, and games that we haven't won. Putting together back to back wins against Richmond and St. Bonnie is solid for this team.

Maybe its just semantics but I cannot bring myself to call a home win vs a team we should beat a great win. I understand I have to be a little more reasonable on my expectations for the current team and staff with all things considered.

Solid win but not great IMHO.

Rusty start but a nice performance tonight. Not a ton of bench production, but good play from the starters and some decent minutes from Moto.

Gonna be up around 70 after this game in KP I would imagine. Were supposed to win by five and won by 15.

Maybe its just semantics but I cannot bring myself to call a home win vs a team we should beat a great win. I understand I have to be a little more reasonable on my expectations for the current team and staff with all things considered.

Solid win but not great IMHO.

No worries about semantics. Great was overstatement. Solid is a better characterization. Even for a team team around the NCAA bubble winning both of these games would be good, even at home.

Really good win after a very bad start. This team is definitely resilient. It'd be great to get to 11-2 and see what happens in ACC play. Can see us winning 7-9 in the league assuming no significant injuries.

A win is a win....we haven't had many the past few seasons. Good comeback guys, keep it rolling!

Back